Career Officer
I just looked at my Fleets KDF Embassy and the only things that were not filled yet were Dilithium (obviously, nobody wants to contribute dilithium anymore these days ) and said Embassy Provisions.

Embassy Provisions do cost 550 Fleetcredit

So, i replicated the needed 14 Embassy Provisions, and guess what, they do COST Fleetcredit, but you get NOTHING for contributing them!

NULL NIX NADA!

Aha now i know why nobody contributed those *facepalm*

...they don't even give worthless Lifetime Fleetcredit for the Leaderboard!

OK Dev's! Who came up with that idea? And what the hell is the logic behind it?
I don't get it.

And why not just let us slot Fleetcredits? instead we have to do extra clicks to replicate a new commodity that is good for nothing but to slot it there?

I can already see that i will always be the idiot filling those because nobody else will...

I am already the idiot who always ends up buying the 9000 Shield Generators per day... (when my next Logitech G700 breaks i'll send you the bill dStahl!)

And worse, there is this "special" Project that requires 40 Embassy Provisions, nothing else, and give lousy 10 XP.

Can anybody explain the logic behind this?
Career Officer
# 2
11-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I've been wondering the same thing...
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
OK Dev's! Who came up with that idea? And what the hell is the logic behind it?
For people like me who have already made 2.5 million fleet credits and won't lose anything by donating a few to these?

Jim
Captain
# 4
11-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Working as intended.
Career Officer
# 5
11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Working as intended.
??? so what's the intent..."no intent"
Career Officer
# 6
11-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
??? so what's the intent..."no intent"
to have Embassy !!!!!!! ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-15-2012, 05:36 PM
The idea seems to be that you spend fleet credits to finish the project.... getting zero fleet credit makes sense. You SPEND fleet credits to get them after all.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 8
11-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Working as intended.
Aren't you thankful?

oops....wrong game
Ensign
# 9
11-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Serious crock of Craptic.

If you look at the item information screen, nothing indicates that these cost fleet credit and it even shows a value in EC. Not too far-fetched to imagine that someone could (way too) easily not realize that they cost FC, especially since everything else in the replicator costs EC.

Now I'm a little pissed. Granted it helped my fleet, but not very much. On top of that, I just lost a quarter of my credits I was slowly accumulating. I don't get to play very often and was working my way to some cool new toys. Now I get to wait even longer thanks to Cryptics lack of communication and crappy ideas.

Yeah, thanks a lot Cryptic, this really makes me want to play tonight.
Captain
# 10
11-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Ouch

Well luckily I messed around with it on tribble so I didn't get caught live, actually bought an elite fleet ground weapon today if it makes you feel better ;P

Over on tribble an embassy provision cost 750, same price as a fleet doff.
I have no idea why they thought people would throw their fleet credit into something totally useless though

When I saw the 50 exp reward project I just laughed and it's not even up anymore in the upgrades section of my fleet embassy, no one was that stupid.

But I agree putting it in the replicator with no warning is cheap