Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
I can't remember all of the old costs, though to exchange 5 Common Duty Officers for a single Uncommon Duty Officer was (I think) 25 Bars of Pink-Pressed Dilithium?

You know the score, you know how many of us were (and are) astonished by just how much the prices went up. I think it's currently 5000 Bars of Pink-Pressed Dilithium for the exchange of 5 Rare Duty Officers for a Single Very Rare Duty Officer? 5000? That's no small price you're asking from us.

If you feel the need to have increased the prices (which you have) then how about something more practical instead? Taking into account the Dilithium Rewards we get for daily missions, the minimum reward is 480 Dilithium Crystals. The maximum reward for a daily is 1440. Therefore, I'd think the compromise a simple one:

5 Common for 1 Uncommon = 480 Dilithium Crystals.
5 Uncommon for 1 Rare = 960 Dilithium Crystals.
5 Rare for 1 Very Rare = 1440 Dilithium Crystals.

This would be (I feel) an acceptable compromise. You get more Dilithium per Exchange, and we have a way of earning it better, plus the numbers all add up. The other 6000+ in daily Dilithium Refinement can go toward Fleet and Outpost Projects amongst other things. Smaller fleets (the ones I am in included) still struggle when it comes to Dilithium input, especially now that you've placed high dilithium fees on Duty Officer Requirements. You're supposedly encouraging fleet gameplay when half the running fleets can't push forward with their projects due to these Dilithium restraints. Please reduce the costs.

Also, the Duty Officer Cadre Assignments ~ These are what, 1000 Dilithium Crystals right now? For a random selection of Common and Uncommon Duty Officers? Don't you think that's a little excessive too? Keep the 48 hours if you must, but again, I ask you to reduce the costs of these assignments. It wouldn't be so bad if these produced Rare and Very Rare Duty Officers, but they don't.

I've been playing this game since around February (different account back then, but I was still playing). Season 7 is the first release that has genuinely knocked me back and forced me to reconsider how I spend my free time. From what I've managed to put together, and from the positive comments I've read, what you've produced for season 7 is good stuff (though a little customization on the Romulan Boffs wouldn't have hurt). You just seemed to have let yourselves (and some of the community) down when you started fiddling around with the dilithium prices. Please rectify this.
Career Officer
# 2
11-16-2012, 05:52 AM
I'd consider this an acceptable compromise.

Though you didn't cover the species specific ones. Even if that's a simple matter of adding 20% to everything. And personally, I don't think they're that important.

I'd much rather have an option to requisition Doffs by department (Security, Tactical, Operations, Engineering, Science, Medical, Civilian) which is a far more useful distinction, for which 5000 or 6000 dilithium (for a very rare) wouldn't be quite so outlandish. It's less dilithium than the ones sold by Lt. Ferra, and they'd not be bound, the tradeoffs remaining being that you don't get to handpick the specialization, the ones with the best traits and they cost the five rares in addition to the dilithium.

Would make a lot more sense too, to select by department, not race. (And why does Starfleet think I need all these bartenders anyway? I RESENT the implication, sir!)
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 11-16-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
11-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Though you didn't cover the species specific ones. Even if that's a simple matter of adding 20% to everything. And personally, I don't think they're that important.
Well, via your Duty Officer Cadre Pack you get a bunch of Duty Officers of Common and Uncommon quality. It's about 6 if I recall? And they're random?

Species Specific (Andorian, Tellarite & Vulcan) are only two or three over the six, and I swear are usually Common, therefore simply have 480 Dilithium per Species Specific and 960 for a Duty Officer Cadre. I'd rather have those prices reduced, but again with the compromise.

Quote:
I'd much rather have an option to requisition Doffs by department (Security, Tactical, Operations, Engineering, Science, Medical, Civilian) which is a far more useful distinction, for which 5000 or 6000 dilithium (for a very rare) wouldn't be quite so outlandish.

Would make a lot more sense too, to select by department, not race.
It would be a welcome addition, though I still think the price is too high, selectable or otherwise.

Quote:
(And why does Starfleet think I need all these bartenders anyway? I RESENT the implication, sir!)
Maybe the Temporal Agents of Starfleet know something about you that you are yet to find out?