Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Red Alerts are bugged
11-16-2012, 04:01 AM
What's with the Red Alerts (missions)? Many times I hit the red button to warp to the site of the Borg infestation and the battlefield is empty. It's not like I got there late and the battle just finished, because it also happens when the alert button first appears. I haven't tested it in all sectors, but I know it has happened in at least several different ones including the new Tau Dewa Block.

It's happened before but seems to be worse now since S7 began.

Is this a known issue that's being worked on?
Career Officer
# 2
11-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Its a known issue, its not being worked on..

The red alert pops up on the completion of another team's red alert after they leave the instance, the instance stays open for ages and ages as a result you tend to get maybe 1/5 or less real red alerts.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Well, I hope with the new Tholian Red Alert being an integral part of their new season, that is an incentive to fix that issue once and for all.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
It has happened to me on occasion that a BORG RA would be empty but I have yet to complete my first Tholian RA. Every single time one pops up it is empty...
Republic Veteran
# 5
11-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trygvar13 View Post
It has happened to me on occasion that a BORG RA would be empty but I have yet to complete my first Tholian RA. Every single time one pops up it is empty...
Same here,not one single RA in the new sector has worked for me ...

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Career Officer
# 6
11-16-2012, 12:50 PM
This issue is (unfortunately) NOT new. It's been around since Season 4 (sad that it's gone on this long); and the fact it's persisted for that long means they probably still don't know how to reliably correct it; and with the new Tholian Red Alert ONLY being doable in the one new sector block - it's going to REALLY highlight this bug; and bring it more to the attention of the playerbase.

I think it's serious enough they really need to devote some Dev time to fully fixing it once and for all, but time will tell.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
This issue is (unfortunately) NOT new. It's been around since Season 4 (sad that it's gone on this long); and the fact it's persisted for that long means they probably still don't know how to reliably correct it; and with the new Tholian Red Alert ONLY being doable in the one new sector block - it's going to REALLY highlight this bug; and bring it more to the attention of the playerbase.

I think it's serious enough they really need to devote some Dev time to fully fixing it once and for all, but time will tell.
yea ive been playing for around 386 days now and that bug has been around the enitre time.

its either working as intended or ......... *shugs

im really sick of sto fed up with the crap and now really intesive grinds. they cant even treat the factions the same the kdf get screwed big time.