Career Officer
# 21
11-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
It's an alien planet, who knows how the geology works there. I had figured the potatoes had more been pushed out of the surrounding rock. No, it's not the same as what we know. But that was the point.
There is always the mysterious history of the planet... maybe the potatonium rock formations have something to do with the origin of all that radiation that is still hanging around...
U.S.S. Marathon - NX-392781
Cryptic Studios Team
# 22
11-18-2012, 12:00 AM
As everyone knows, Potatonium is a very rare element, critical to creating the color green. This would explain why the Romulans decided to settle here.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Career Officer
# 23
11-18-2012, 01:13 AM
That's the problem with making a Trek game, a significant portion of the playerbase have at least an undergraduate degree or better.
@RogueEnterprise: "Interesting take on the Kobiyashi Maru test"
@Evil70th: "Despite starting out a little slow it picks up quite rapidly and becomes a roller coaster ride of a mission with some great twists and turns."
@ashtaku: "Absolutely top-notch. Innovative writing, impeccable set design, fun from start to finish."
Empire Veteran
# 24
11-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
As everyone knows, Potatonium is a very rare element, critical to creating the color green. This would explain why the Romulans decided to settle here.
I thought it was because there was a former Romulan colony on that planet. That's what the cutscene told me. D'Tan has lied to me! Romulans didn't change that much after all.

I'll start some studies about Potatium, it looks like an interesting element. If I can adapt a catapult on my Recluse carrier, I might be able to use potatium as a projectile.
Career Officer
# 25
11-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsical View Post
That's the problem with making a Trek game, a significant portion of the playerbase have at least an undergraduate degree or better.
It's funny though that there's rarely been letters to set designers about the plywood tech corridors, or styrofoam rocks and plastic plants, etc.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
11-18-2012, 04:49 PM
For some reason (I don't know why.), New Romulus makes me think of the STO version of Hyrule.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
This is now official Trek canon.
Career Officer
# 28
11-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthian1701 View Post
This is now official Trek canon.
The next New Romulus update needs to add a Potatonium Mining minigame.
U.S.S. Marathon - NX-392781
Republic Veteran
# 29 Loading Issues
11-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Would anyone like to tell me which is the most likely reason for New Romulus taking me an hour to load:

Too many people in the instance I beam in at, similar to how ESD and Drazona are often and DS9 used to be as STF HQ.

Or is it that the map itself is sooooo large and detailed, that fact alone is too much to load.

Cryptic doesn't want to make Sector Space too big for reasons similar to this, and here they make a ground map that I have heard takes forever to run from point to point in. I wouldn't know, though, as I have only beamed down once on Tribble and once on Holodeck, both times it lagged so bad I was fortunate to beam off, the screen would freeze for minutes at a time, and then jerk for one frame to freeze again.

New Romulus is between 80-90% of the new content for Season 7, and this season is even named after it, so I want to enjoy this new zone. The images look awesome too!
Cross at the center of M51--The Whirlpool Galaxy
Noah Bartholomew Jothan,
Member of the "Christian Fleet Alliance"
Proclaimers of The Way, The Truth, and The Life
John 14:6
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
It's funny though that there's rarely been letters to set designers about the plywood tech corridors, or styrofoam rocks and plastic plants, etc.
I always thought that was an attempt at lighthearted humor. I know I always laugh when I see a large rock bounce off Kirk and then bounce again when it hits the ground.