Starfleet Veteran
# 41
11-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Firefly fleet hasn't seen a slow down at all, plus the new Embassy and Reputation missions, just give those of us with excesses of stuff in some areas a way to use those resources when we couldn't before.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-20-2012, 01:17 PM
ive noticed a slow down , any di project are very slow cuz noone really wants to completely lower there stockpile of di from pre S7 with the increased di costs .
as fleets go thru there stockpiles youll see less and less contribution to DI projects for small to medium fleets .and eventually large fleets too where there individual drain is far less .

the issue is this it takes you twice to 3 times as long or more to farm anything. you have to pick to do one type at a time .for causal gamers its a slow process , for no lifers alot easier but still grating.
at times you have to choose, help run with fleet for marks or do your grind for DI and EC . very hard to get all accomplished in one night .practically impossible .
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
11-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Well they have made the small fleet starbase easier in the requirements - just more grinding for the fleet marks. So while it is MUCH cheaper for the small fleets to reach T3 it will take much more time.

The large fleets just keep churming through players - the top people make the grunts contribute then toss them away if they don't.
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT......what drugs are you on and where can I get some???

They lowered the amount of duty officers needed for projects, and while common duty officers are no longer selling on the exchange for 100k or more the overall cost hasn't really gone down that much. There are still plenty (more than not) projects that cost 100k plus dilithium for the lower tiers (actually some of the provisioning ones are 200k dil) and most of them still require around 1 mil EC or more.

The lowered 1 middle range item some, nothing more than that. Nothing to REALLY help the smaller fleets. 50k-100 max dilithium on a project would be a help, 10 doffs per mission would be a help. Right now it's the equivalent of throwing a shovel full of dirt in the Grand Canyon.
Commander
# 44
11-20-2012, 04:25 PM
In any case, the FM rewards from fleet missions should be raised as well. Outside of the FM bonus hours, the rewards are an utter joke. Not all of us can work our schedules around being around for the bonus hours either. Fleet Alert gives 17, assuming you get a team that isn't hopeless and go the whole way. It's been a long time since I've done a Blockade outside of the bonus hours, but I know that the BEST I've ever gotten was around 60 during bonus hours, and that was with one more transport saved than can normally be saved if you protect every single one without fail (due to the transports timing out even if their transfers are in progress when the timer tolls, still haven't quite figured out how to replicate that). I'd imagine that since it looks like each transport saved gets at least one less FM outside of bonus hours, the reward is going to look pretty dismal, particularly if you get just an average team with no leeches. I might even be satisfied if they just bumped all the rewards up to bonus hour levels at all times, and then raise the bonus rewards a bit. Otherwise, at higher starbase levels, it's just an absurd grind for even one project, especially for small to medium fleets. We can finish out all our dilithium requirements long before the FM requirements, so there goes any incentive for buying Zen to fuel our dilithium needs.
Empire Veteran
# 45
11-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I'll tell you on thing. I was so tired of grinding for starbase projects in season 6, that I just gave up on season 7 before even playing it after hearing all of the rumors and the subsequent confirmations. I haven't logged in once since season 7 went live, and I don't plan on logging in until season 8 or season 9, at least. Too many dilithium sinks were placed into the game without adding in some balance. By balance, I mean more missions give out dilithium rewards, even if it's in smaller amounts. Regular storyline missions should also reward us with some dilithium to keep level 50's from ditching them all together.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 46
11-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Just doing another check-in to see how the bases are going - or not going?

I know a lot of small fleets are giving up - listening to Mav today on STOked radio he just seemed fed up with it all - just sounded tired in his voice and not the sleepy tired.

He runs Jupiter Force - a pretty big fleet and they are already feeling the dilthium cliff coming their way once everyone who cashed in the STF loot for dilth pre-season 7 stockpiles run dry.

So even the big fleets are going to be hitting the wall real soon it seems.

Last edited by born2bwild1; 11-24-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Captain
# 47
11-24-2012, 10:55 PM
I've definitely noticed a slowdown in Angry Tribbles, but only in terms of Fleets Marks. All other resources are being rapidly filled. Our fleet only has 3~5 people online at any time, but we all take it easy and enjoy the journey.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 48
11-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Ten Forward has slown down simply due to most players have other fleets or left long ago. Oh well.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 49
11-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Same with the fleet I'm in 'The Space Invaders' there are only a few of us realy contributing now and it's fleet marks that are the problem. I have alt toons and the quickly dailys were played for the fleet marks.
Before S7 I would log on do the dailys contribute the marks and dill to the fleet, then play the game. Now I log on and I'm forced to grind the game.

Devs take note there's a lot of difference between playing the the game and been forced to grind the game, it's a shame because the ship fleet modules must have been a good source of income for the devs, now with fleet projects grinding to a halt that income will dry up.
Captain
# 50
11-25-2012, 12:58 AM
The Ferasan Shadow Force seems to still be quite well. The limited time projects usually get completed in just a few minutes after launch.

Then we have the Federation fleet over which I am an Admiral. That fleet is the problem. The majority of our 70 members are quite inactive, and the owner only seems to log in once a month anymore. At any given day, only 3 people (counting myself) will log in. Of the 3, I seem to be the only one who contributes to ANY of the fleet projects. Especially the limited time projects. I have been known to start, fill in, and finish projects, all on my own....

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.