Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Keybinds Messed up!
11-13-2012, 10:51 AM
I just logged on and discovered my keybinds are all in shambles. I no longer can use the NUM-Enter Key to jump. And if I reassign it to "jump", then I no longer can use the Enter Key with Chat.

This severely hampers my playstyle since I do not use the ASDF keys to move.

Dev Team, please revert this change!
Career Officer
# 2
11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
In addition, I no longer have text that identifies the key combination on each box, so for example tray 0 column 4 was a power that was assigned to Alt+a ...on the column it no longer says that.

WTF is going on.
Career Officer
# 3
11-13-2012, 01:00 PM
So I submitted a ticket and done some more testing...

Basically I can still load the bind files and the key combos still work, but the the combo text in the top left corner of each icon that told me what combo of buttons to pres is gone and will not comeback no matter what I do. This is really hampering my play style, well actually it's killed my play style altogether.
Career Officer
# 4
11-13-2012, 01:58 PM
No one else can help? any idea

pretty much breaks combat for me.
Career Officer
# 5
11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Same here...i use my enter key in my number pad to initiate auto fire of my cannons/beams in space and to 'team attack my target' on ground. Not working at all.

Really really really makes it hard to use a laptop, since you cant move the screen to adjust to accommodate anything other than left hand WASD and right hand numberpad/mouse
Career Officer
# 6
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Also of note; by 'alt' key seems to occasionally force my laptop to minimize the game to the desktop. This is happening to both my alt keys, including the one that isn't near the 'windows key'

I had encountered this several times on tribble but just wrote it off thinking it was a compatibility issue my computer had with tribble...guess not
Career Officer
# 7
11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
For anyone with the same problem as me, change your keybinds for slot powers from

e.g "TrayExecByTray6 0" to "+STOTrayExecByTray 6 0"

your text will no show in the top right corner with your combo

\0/
Captain
# 8
11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
For anyone with the same problem as me, change your keybinds for slot powers from

e.g "TrayExecByTray6 0" to "+STOTrayExecByTray 6 0"

your text will no show in the top right corner with your combo

\0/
Huh? Don't tell me that change was intentional. It's the perfect way of screwing players without actually nerfing something.

Btw.: Why does the key combination still show on ground trays? Would they intend to do there a similar change later on?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
In addition, I no longer have text that identifies the key combination on each box, so for example tray 0 column 4 was a power that was assigned to Alt+a ...on the column it no longer says that.

WTF is going on.
I am having the same problem with the Num-Enter key. Since the season 7 update ENTER & Num-Enter keys are no longer separate. We need it back badly!