Captain
# 31
11-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmaverick View Post
Data had a pet cat that showed up fairly regularly as well. Sure, it was never involved in fighting the Borg, but seeing as the Epohhs don't fight either, I don't see the problem...

Don't take every word literally. Of course someone had pets in Star Trek, that doesn't mean that if we think about Star Trek the first thing tht comes to mind are manga-esque cuty pets following the captain wherever he goes. The whole pet stuff the way it is implemented into the game doesn't make any sense, even the tribble breeding is utter nonsense even though tribbles where seen in Star Trek. It is not that hard to understand what he intended to say with his statement...
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 32
11-18-2012, 05:12 AM
This is an MMO. And what is an MMO without pets? Not an MMO. XP.

And for the record, I want a baby Undine following me around and mentally trolling everyone I pass. And if that doesn't work, he can go Bruce Lee on them and I won't have to worry about long lines at the Exchange.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 33
11-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I want to make a cover for my captain's chair out of space bunnies.

Or glove and boot liners...think of all the uses you could get from them.

Maybe some Epohhkabobs too.

____
Captain
# 34
11-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
Don't take every word literally. Of course someone had pets in Star Trek, that doesn't mean that if we think about Star Trek the first thing tht comes to mind are manga-esque cuty pets following the captain wherever he goes. The whole pet stuff the way it is implemented into the game doesn't make any sense, even the tribble breeding is utter nonsense even though tribbles where seen in Star Trek. It is not that hard to understand what he intended to say with his statement...
It doesn't make sense that petting a tribble would increase ones health, boost damage resistance, cause injuries to regenerate, or make someone tough against Dominion attacks. Jem Hadar pole arms hurt no matter how you hold your tribble.

Attack targs make sense. Breeding programs make sense and support game grinds and goals. They are no different than the idea of K9s.
Just say no to ARC

Last edited by tancrediiv; 11-18-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Misspelling changed whole idea of sentence
Captain
# 35
11-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Gorns in KHG armor running after epohhs is epic
Captain
# 36
11-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Gorns in KHG armor running after epohhs is epic
But Lt. General SyGORNey Weevr is very hungry for epohh-pfeffer.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 37
11-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
It doesn't make sense that petting a tribble would increase ones health, boost damage resistance, cause injuries to regenerate, or make someone tough against Dominion attacks. Jem Hadar pole arms hurt no matter how you hold your tribble.

Attack targs make sense. Breeding programs make sense and support game grinds and goals. They are no different than the idea of K9s.
I'm all for attack targs, I was from the beginning - that's actually why I wanted a Klingon

But the tribbles are nonesense and so is the minigame that comes with them. It's one of the problems with this game: It just wants to copy every known MMO mechanic and to make it in some way "StarTrek" they just put a skin of something at some point shown in a ST-episode to justify it being in-game. This was one thing, but now they just make their own manga-esqe stuff up. After the next patch the game will certainly look like final fantasy or something
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Empire Veteran
# 38
11-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
After the next patch the game will certainly look like final fantasy or something
So if I get my green targ and blue targ to mate I'll get a black targ?
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 39
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
So if I get my green targ and blue targ to mate I'll get a black targ?
And of course black targs are the bomb because they are black and therefore tougher, meaner, more health, damage resistant, and the refresh on their bite attack is half that of a green or a blue.

But in reality we don't know this because the targ combat pet and breeding research was never invented in the game like it should have been.

But we DO have epohhs.
Just say no to ARC
Career Officer
# 40
11-19-2012, 01:36 PM
I want a Catian on a leash.

*meow*

Shut up.