Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
I've noticed that when I use the new 'Switch Character's feature while playing the game, my ability to speak in Fleet/Officer chat disappears. I can still see everything happening in the chat channels, but my fleet and officer channels disappear - I usually have to log out of the game and back in to correct the problem.

It's not game changing... but it doesn't make me question the point of a 'character switch' feature if I have to log out and back in to correct the associated bug.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Noticed the same issue so you're not alone.
Career Officer
# 3
11-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I have the same issue. Your fix works but is annoying since I just got used to using the change character button instead of the log out button.

This needs fixed asap. I have characters in two different Fed fleets and one uses a global channel and the other does not. Not being able to switch from the global to the fleet chat is causing some issues.
Career Officer
# 4
11-27-2012, 06:39 AM
I have the same problem but it only happens if I log in on my KDF Klingon. After which I'll be on 1 of my Federation toons and see my KDF fleet chatting it up. The way I found was to just exit the game and restart it and not log in on my KDF toon unless I need to.

This has been going in since season 7 launched or shortly before. I was seeing players say they were having trouble using chat just before season 7 launched. So......2 weeks now and not fixed?