Captain
# 1 Am I out of place to say this?
12-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Just a little question regarding whether my actions are naughty or not,

Whenever people start advertising their sales, I always/normally tell the person to take themselves to the exchange and peddle their wares there, i mean it is efficient on time.. put an offer then go about your business, and doesn't end up flooding chat with 'selling..' 'anyone wanna buy...' 'trading...'

So here it boils down..

Am i right to tell people to stop spamming their unwanted items in chat, or not?
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Career Officer
# 2
12-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey... if they can spam the chat, you can tell them to shut up and move along...

I think it's a fair tradeoff.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 3
12-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I think it depends on what it is. If it's a common item, then sure, it's spam, just go to the exchange. If it's something big like a ship or very rare Bridge Officer then it might be worth mention cause someone can always make a deal around it rather than a straight trade for energy credits.
Captain
# 4
12-16-2012, 08:15 AM
hmm, so the situation depends

like a purple mk viii armor, kinda spammy take it to the exchange,
and a lockbox ship use public chat? ^^

Its just nice to get a bit of perspective from other people, thanks ^^
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Career Officer
# 5
12-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Well I disagree...

If crap (yes, that includes grab-bag ships) was meant to be sold through chat, then the exchange would not even exist.

Wan't to sell it? Go to the exchange...

Edit: And most of the time, the people don't sell the first 15 time they advertise, they just keep going... They simply don't get the message.

In which case I generally report spam them without mercy.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports

Last edited by anazonda; 12-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
12-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes, your well within you rights. I for one hate the spam in local chat. People have complained since the start of MMO about spam for selling wares. SO much so, evey game out there has a dedicated trade channel, or the ability to create user channels, and yet people feel the need to spam local.

So yes, you have the right, but as we all know, there is no way to stop people from being rude and not using the tools provided.
Lieutenant
# 7
12-16-2012, 08:20 AM
I have all public channels disabled for this very reason.

If someone wants to sell something, I'll buy it on the exchange only.
Lieutenant
# 8
12-16-2012, 08:31 AM
It's worth noting that for some items, not the least of which are the 6 holiday currencies, the long-standing exchange bugs make it tough to effectively take their sale to the exchange.
Career Officer
# 9
12-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpasiii View Post
It's worth noting that for some items, not the least of which are the 6 holiday currencies, the long-standing exchange bugs make it tough to effectively take their sale to the exchange.
If anything, it makes expensive sales significantly easier.
Career Officer
# 10
12-16-2012, 08:59 AM
If they're spamming it, I don't see why not.

My ignore list is lightyears long from spammers
----