Republic Veteran
# 1 To Boldly Go
11-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Star Trek is all about exploration, yet that has been a problem (boring) area of the game for some time now. Even in in the duty officer assignments, Exploration is by far the most difficult CXP to gain (I've maxed out one KDF character's doff progress and nearly have my FED maxed). Not only does it take the longest to max out (unless you focus strictly on it ahead of others for some reason), but the missions sound intensely dull. Since when do you need a plethora of research lab scientists to explore??

But, I digress. I understand that exploration has been discussed quite extensively internally and that you're trying to make it fun. So please, whatever new, exciting way you come up with to let us explore and really feel like we're exploring, incorporate Exploration CXP into the mix (and not just 10 per mission like diplomatic missions).

Thank you.
Great News!

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
Republic Veteran
# 2
11-17-2012, 10:10 PM
How about higher Diplomatic CXP for diplomatic missions (not doff assignments) while you're at it? That isn't priority, mostly just the aforementioned. Does anyone have anything to add?
Great News!

Republic Veteran
# 3
11-18-2012, 06:55 AM
My KDF character reached Tier 4 in everything before Exploration hit Tier 3. You'd think it'd be easier for FED character's, since the Federation's charter is to Explore, but it's not any easier. I've got most things at Tier 4, a couple left at Tier 3 and Exploration is way down at Tier 2.
Great News!

Career Officer
# 4
11-18-2012, 07:04 AM
It's just down to your personal bias I suspect - for my Fed, recruitment was the hardest to fill and on my KDF I got Espionage 4 before I hit 2 on anything else
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
It's just down to your personal bias I suspect - for my Fed, recruitment was the hardest to fill and on my KDF I got Espionage 4 before I hit 2 on anything else
Espionage was one of the easiest to level on KDF even before the unique assignments were introduced. Recruitment levels very quickly if you use the doff grinder a lot.

The issue with exploration is that it doesn't have any unique assignments or any other assignments with high cxp/hour. Compare that to military or medical for example: just doing the unique assignments you can easily bring in 5000 cxp a day.
Republic Veteran
# 6
11-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
The issue with exploration is that it doesn't have any unique assignments or any other assignments with high cxp/hour. Compare that to military or medical for example: just doing the unique assignments you can easily bring in 5000 cxp a day.
Indeed. Also you have to have Research Lab Scientists for almost every project. Researchers are possibilities, but that is very different than exploration. A controlled environment has nothing in common with exploring the unknown. They should add missions like "Send an Away Team to an Uncharted Planet" or "Send a Shuttle on a Survey Mission" or even have a mission like "Observe Primitive Culture" that could be something like the episode of TNG with the Mintakans. Maybe some of them would require you to sacrifice a red shirt or two, that is Star Trek!
Great News!

Republic Veteran
# 7
11-19-2012, 07:16 AM
I would love to hear a dev comment on the issue...
Great News!