Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Captain
# 51
01-17-2013, 05:31 PM
The patch hasn't happened yet. It isn't until later tonight. Says so right in the thread related to its release.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh well that explains it then. Wish tech support had told me. Oh well.
Commander
# 53
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
So far, so good. I went to my fleet's starbase as well as played "The Big Dig" - both of these always crashed my machine. So far, not a single flicker. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this has resolved it.
Captain
# 54
01-18-2013, 10:22 AM
My 2 cents post-patch:

Got on this morning, put my settings back to the defaults instead of what I've been using to keep the game stable. Ran asteroid mining, an elite STF (Infected: The Conduit), an Investigate Officer Report, and the Tau Dewa Sector Patrol Daily. So far? Not a hiccup using normal settings again.

Fingers crossed, but this looks like things are at the very least on the right track. Good job guys.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-18-2013, 10:32 AM
After getting the patch today. (After spending yesterday freaking out about a patch that had not happened yet. Derp.) It looks like everything is back to normal. I did the Azure Nebular Rescue and finished it for the first time. And I was able to do some other missions in the new sector. So far so good.

Dear Devs, Never, ever ,ever, ever, ever do anything like that again. You almost lost me to D&D online.
Career Officer
# 56
01-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Glad to hear the patch worked for you all.

Unfortunately, it appears to have made things worse on my end.

Oh well, back to GW2.
Empire Veteran
# 57
01-18-2013, 07:08 PM
It hasn't stopped it for me but it occurs more frequently but I have noticed a spike in GPU temprature though.
Ensign
# 58 Knocking on wood
01-18-2013, 07:41 PM
On an i3 M350 with GMA HD, the patch seems to have resolved the crashing. I haven't been able to run in ground without the "driver has stopped" message since s7.

I've been holding off any purchases until at least the pre-s7 content worked reliably again. Looks like it does now. I just ordered two 60-day game cards, so I can finally get some of the vet rewards, and show a little support for the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-19-2013, 08:21 AM
From DarthPanda16

Quote:
After the test last week on Tribble, and the release to Holodeck last night/early today, it seems to be fixed according to the wave of players who are saying it has been fixed.

Please note this does not mean ALL Intel video chipset users will be able to play the game. If you have an ancient Intel video chipset, you may be out of luck.

For those of you with this specific issue mentioned at the beginning of this thread, it should be fixed. Cryptic and PWE understand everyone's frustrations who were able to play during Season 6 with Intel GPUs, and who weren't able to play after the Season 7 launch. We are very glad to be hearing back from relieved and happy players.

Thank you all so much for your patience and dedication to your game!
Lieutenant
# 60
01-19-2013, 08:33 AM
It works pretty well, I've been able to missions and such that would usually freeze up on me!

Thanks Devs, this is what we wanted all along.

Now time to get back to blasting the Borg in STFs.
"The Easiest Day, was Yesterday"