Captain
# 1 New Romulus
11-17-2012, 06:04 AM
I have looked around google and the forums here (along with dev blogs etc) and could not fin a scarp of info regarding progression of New Romulus, I know you can open up new areas via the rep system but does the actual map change at all? do new things get built etc?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
11-17-2012, 10:55 PM
The reputation system unlocks doors to instances. The overall ground map does not change.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Community Moderator
# 3
11-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
The reputation system unlocks doors to instances. The overall ground map does not change.
Are these doors made obvious or do we have to find them? I finished T1 and haven't noticed anything new.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Check the Warehouse, east of the shuttle landing pad in the Staging Area.

Tip: While inside, look for data consoles containing Romulan Research.
Captain
# 5
11-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Thanks, I'm likely done with New Romulus then
Rihannsu
# 6
11-18-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
That actually goes against what i think dstahl said that the map does update over time. he did not specify what but that something will change, even if its quite minor?

now i suspect he is just talking about the background section that currently has scaffolding and half built towers becoming completed.

if not that would be quite a cool change to see the city grow.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 7
11-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
A bit off topic but is there a chance of this tech being used in the future for Fleet Starbases?

A Fleet Level or Starbase level gets to a certain point and it unlocks an instance that may just be a fun battle instance or a "holodeck program"?

It's be cool to play classic fights throughout Federation history as your fleet progresses in tiers.

Maybe the Battle of Wolf 359 in the Holodeck at tier 2 and the Operation Return battle for DS9 at Tier 4?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
now i suspect he is just talking about the background section that currently has scaffolding and half built towers becoming completed.

That's what I suspect he meant as well - seeing the city in the background grow over time.

The only thing I hope they will add, and I've seen a few others on this forum with the same idea, is for the day/night cycle like they did on Bajor. The tech is there, so hopefully they can implement that on New Romulus.
Commander
# 9
11-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Indeed. My impression was that future updates would include more 'buildup' of the Romulan colony, based on how the players' embassies as a whole progressed (i.e. how far every embassy in the game had progressed by the time of the update).

Sorry to hear the OP feels New Romulus is finished for them. It looks like just the beginning to me.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
That actually goes against what i think dstahl said that the map does update over time. he did not specify what but that something will change, even if its quite minor?

so i see there is more of us indeed.. which have taken DS's words for valid and didn't search for secret meanings and code..

very disappointing..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!