Career Officer
# 1 hardcore player
11-20-2012, 06:57 AM
hello i have been playing STO over 2 years now. I have before played 12hr days 2 or 3 days a week. Im in the top 1% of sto players on raptr. I love this game. Now along comes season 7 and wow after an a couple hrs im just bored discouraged and depresed. Im far from stupid I look at the number of instances open and the number of people in them.

I can see im not the only one who is feeling this way. I have been quite vocal and prolific on the forum so far. and have seen the level of outrage on them. far more then previous seasons. the other day suddenly a large number of threads Ive been following got closed all at once????

cencorship?? realy?? this is your responce?? The first sign of maturaty is the ability to admit your own mistakes. Take full responceablility for them, and work hard to corect them. All I see so far is a small micro mia copa in the stf dill thing. Unfoutunatly the problems run far deeper. You could get away with much in reduction in dill reward incress in dill cost if you had just made it the least bit fun and exciteing.

Insted you have made it dull and uninspireing. I do feel sorry for you that you have spent so much time and effort on this, but you missed the mark badly. For all our sakes I hope you can get past your ego's roll up your sleeves and fix this sooner then later. I would as a lifer like to enjoy playing your game agian as it stands now is just a chore, and thats just YUCK
Captain
# 2
11-20-2012, 07:24 AM
But but but....

But but...

But... It works so well in china!
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-20-2012, 07:33 AM
I just don't see where you & some others are coming from. I have my own problems with things being half done. But season 7 is a boom for content. May very well being the most single drop of content since launch. A planet that is a game in its self. New STF's, new top armor, new level skill rewards, new vault, new 20 man mission! Forgive me I left something out I'm sure. But that's a lot of content.
Captain
# 4
11-20-2012, 07:38 AM
consider it a blessing it disguise; nobody should play a videogame that much
Commander
# 5
11-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
I just don't see where you & some others are coming from. I have my own problems with things being half done. But season 7 is a boom for content. May very well being the most single drop of content since launch. A planet that is a game in its self. New STF's, new top armor, new level skill rewards, new vault, new 20 man mission! Forgive me I left something out I'm sure. But that's a lot of content.
well well well, if you look closely, most of the content on new romulus is the same just at another place. ok we have some new STFs and so on and i like them. The landscape on the planet is nice too but i can only agree to what the OP said. Maybe it will change once i unlock other area?s but for now, its not very exiting.

When i log into the game, i stand and walk around on new romulus to do the same missions over and over again. Then i do 1-2 STFS and thats it
What ? Calaway.
Captain
# 6
11-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
consider it a blessing it disguise; nobody should play a videogame that much
Nuff said.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
But but but....

But but...

But... It works so well in china!
This would be funny if it weren't so true. Grindfest, pay to win, repetitive MMOs are all the rage in China, to such an extent that a Chinese man made videogame news headlines last year when he paid thousands of real dollars for a pay to win sword for his character in an MMO that hadn't even been released yet, and another guy in China died of exhaustion playing a grindfest MMO in a public internet cafe, but nobody noticed for a while because everybody around him was also too busy grinding.

I guess PWE thinks grinder MMOs are that popular here, or hopes they will be.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Republic Veteran
# 8
11-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrayven View Post
This would be funny if it weren't so true. Grindfest, pay to win, repetitive MMOs are all the rage in China, to such an extent that a Chinese man made videogame news headlines last year when he paid thousands of real dollars for a pay to win sword for his character in an MMO that hadn't even been released yet, and another guy in China died of exhaustion playing a grindfest MMO in a public internet cafe, but nobody noticed for a while because everybody around him was also too busy grinding.

I guess PWE thinks grinder MMOs are that popular here, or hopes they will be.
And that differs from American MMO's how?

Captain
# 9
11-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
And that differs from American MMO's how?
Say what you want about games like WoW, TOR, LotRO and others... They all have grind associated with them, but at least in those games they try to cover it up by folding it into other gameplay mechanics.

And they are nowhere near as brutal as the grindfests here.

I cannot believe I am actually about to say this, but if THIS is what STO is going to be all about, I wish it would be made more like WoW...

Now pardon me while I go vomit for having just said that...
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Commander
# 10
11-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Thought most of the outrage came from dil being nerf in a lot of places, now it's the content overall? Hard to please. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Say what you want about games like WoW, TOR, LotRO and others... They all have grind associated with them, but at least in those games they try to cover it up by folding it into other gameplay mechanics.

And they are nowhere near as brutal as the grindfests here.

I cannot believe I am actually about to say this, but if THIS is what STO is going to be all about, I wish it would be made more like WoW...
Think you need to go back and re-play some of those MMO's, they base heavily on grinding (Minus LotRO since I quit playing that when they told me to buy content just to progress pass level 15). lol They do mix pvp into it, but to be honest in most of those games to be any good in pvp, you need to grind for gear. Btw, WoW was a complete grindfest, not sure what you did in WoW but it was pretty brutal at endgame. lol

Last edited by mcconna; 11-20-2012 at 08:10 AM.