Lt. Commander
How hard is for you guys there, yea the devs, make a dam save button to save the position of the abilities in the taskbars.

I mean, most of us, use the 3 rows on space for it, personally I use 2 for ground, but it is the space one that is the most bugged. Could not that be fixed with a dam save button like in the power settings?

Also, since all the dam bars, are horizontal, why when we want to put a extra bar while editing the hud, it is mandatory to stay on the vertical? Who the hell on that office had this brilliant idea of having a extra 4th bar but then you could not put it on the horizontal??? I mean guys, come on.... do you guys even play your own game?

I do not know if this is a bug, but now, every time I get on my science guy, flying the atrox, some bridge officers decided to abandon their stations and screw up all the abilities on my bar. Then other powers show up that are not even needed, like the buttons to fire a particular beam or whatever.

When I put them back, all the powers are a mess again. I am tired everytime that I beam into my ship, lose about 5 or 10 minutes to re-arrange the taskbar. DO SOMETHING about it.
SFX Fleet Captain Kar
Commander
# 2
11-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Hmmm. Never had this problem myself. Whenever I switch ships, the ships have the same configuration of abilities as the last time I used them.

The only time this sort of thing has happened is when I switched around my BOFFs. The positions in the hotbar are linked to ship bridge positions, not the Officer, so placing officers in different slots will mess up the order of abilities.

Aside from the possibility that the user is using third-party software that interferes with the game code in some way, I'd say the other possibility is corrupted game code. A reinstall might be needed if a run through the file verifier doesn't work.

As to the suggestion, the game already saves the position of the abilities (or you'd need to reset them every time you left one sector/system and had to rez again in the next), and a button to do the same wouldn't seem to help much. If there is a problem with the game remembering where the positions on the hotbar is, then it will have a problem remembering them with or without a manual loader.

My own two cents.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Im not talking switching ships, or software running or whatever...

I am talking about on the same ship, in this case a Atrox carrier, on DS9. Every time I beam into ds9 and then get out, my boffs decided they are not in the mood for working and leave their stations, so, taskbar all screw up. Powers gone and new ones come into place, even when the lock sign of the power list is checked.

The problem here is the boffs leaving the stations and that screws up the Taskbar.

Also, this thread is just not because of a bug, so I would have post it on the proper section, but when editing the HUD, you can add extra bars to the game, the thing is...lol... yea this is funny, those bars have to stay in the vertical position, sure you can move them around but you can not switch from vertical to horizontal. I think having extra bars is cool to add some other stuff, but the guy that implement this, just did it in a rush...
SFX Fleet Captain Kar

Last edited by kar1972; 11-16-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2012, 03:38 AM
Havent had that issue at all.

I mean I even reformatted my drive a couple weeks ago, reinstalled STO and all my hotbars and keybinds were preserved exactly how I had them. So they are technically saved server side. Which surprised me since most games that info is stored client side in config.ini and user.ini files.

So sounds like you may want to try and reinstall as it may be something on your end.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-17-2012, 05:59 AM
I personally have never had this issue with my bridge officers but i do agree with some sort of save button, every time i get a new ship my powers on my 3 rows in my tray area are all messed up. and every time i swap ships i have to remove everything and put them back in place just as i had them before. its quite time consuming and annoying.