Captain
Seriously all this dilthium nerf complaints is just a Fed side concern - if you want more dilthium and free EC roll KDF alts

Who do you think keeps the exchange flooded with contraband - the Feds with like 2 per toon per day? No roll a KDF and with a good doff crew pull in 50+ per day

then there are so many dailies that you can max out a toon in an 1 1/2 tops - at least 4 can overlap

And you get so many prisoners from the contraband missions you turn those in for dilthium too

And you get several hundred thousand EC from selling or recycling the loot generated as well

and on and on - KDF players are swimming in Zen/ec/dilthium - the real problem is there is not enough good stuff to spend it on.

Any KDF player who denies this is A)incompetent or B)scared that Cryptic will hit them with the nerf bat

So don't just sit here on the forums and complain about it - start up several KDF alts and let the contraband flow baby!!
Career Officer
# 2
11-18-2012, 08:17 AM
And how long do you think this is going to last before they nerf it to oblivion?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
And how long do you think this is going to last before they nerf it to oblivion?
Given their track record for doing things KDF-side, I'm not convinced Cryptic will care.
Career Officer
# 4
11-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
Given their track record for doing things KDF-side, I'm not convinced Cryptic will care.
If there's anything in-game that allows players to amass Dilithium without too much effort, you can bet your ass they'll care...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 5
11-18-2012, 08:36 AM
If we're gonna attribute Cryptic to being very cryptic and sneaky, then one would quickly begin to form the conspiracy theory that this "missed dilithium rush" is acually their "plan" to build the KDF playerbase to a percentage that "justifies" creating additional KDF content. Yeah, if a ton of Feds swing to KDF alts for "quick" dilithium, the 16% will "obviously" go up - and if it goes up to, say, 30% (from farmers), they pull the "look, we have players in KDF", build just enough KDF content to placate the KDF die-hards, then nerf the dilithium to Fed-like cheezy levels...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
If there's anything in-game that allows players to amass Dilithium without too much effort, you can bet your ass they'll care...
But for now, there's something there's the KDF can do that the Fed's can point-blank say they're not good at

There's the current situation to consider too. And assuming what's next is not gonna help anything, quite the opposite.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Lieutenant
# 7
11-18-2012, 09:05 AM
The dilithium nerfs are not at the top of my list for fixing, it is the rep system with its associated time gates. But it is third on my list for changes after fixing the doff system extortion prices.
Captain
# 8
11-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Unless they want to kill the KDF off I think they will leave it as-is for now - the KDF pop is too small at current for them to be worrying that KDF players are maxing multiple alts in short order.

Now "IF" the amount of KDF alts was to double or triple then maybe - but for now it the only guareenteed easy way to amase dilthium in game.

Just 1 good alt could supply your Fed toons with enough contraband to run it 2x per day - as long as you don't have more than 3 or 4 toons
Rihannsu
# 9
11-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Sssshhhhh!! Not so loud, or Cryptic'll hear and nerf contraband even further!
Captain
# 10
11-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't seem them changing it tbh. There were other legitimate reasons they removed the Feds dilithium faucets they did; mostly them being broken or of poor design. The Klingons dilithium missions don't suffer from those problems,

It's also worth noting the KDF only has one fleet action compared to the Feds three. I've actually been using a fed alt to grind dilithium/drops while my Klingons fleet action is on cooldown. It's honestly a more efficient use of my dilithium grinding time, since I can make tons of EC in the process,