Starfleet Veteran
# 31
11-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.
I feel the same way about the rep system. I just fail to see the point in it. Did one STF, one round of Romulan patrols / RA, and I pretty much don't need to do them again for a week to get my rep going.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Empire Veteran
# 32
11-19-2012, 12:26 AM
overall I have a good feeling.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
# 33
11-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Someone above mentioned player fatigue, this is exactly how I feel post-S7, I feel like I'm doing work, like going to a job, instead of having fun in a game like I use to. S7 has lessened the enjoyment and need to play STFs, especially the harder ones, there isn't any benefit or reason to anymore. They've removed gameplay for me by doing this, since all I use to do was play all the STFs cause there isn't anything else to do at endgame. Now, there still isn't. All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.
But they didn't change the STFs themselves and they added two new STFs. They added a bunch of new content to actually play. No gameplay has been removed - the rewards have been altered.

It just seems like you're focusing on the meta-game aspect like Fleet Holdings and Reputations ahead of the actual game itself. And if you don't like the game for the game, why are you playing?
Ensign
# 34
11-19-2012, 01:24 AM
- increasing the DOFF reassign/exchange costs so one purple costs 125 whites and 55k dil
- disabling private queues for PvE so we have to PUG it
- adding just another projects based reward system that takes months (provided you are constantly on it) to get MK12 borg things (let alone the time and ressources you now need to put into it)
- removing the possibility to get normal purple mk12 drops in STFs alltogether
- adding a new STF full of obvious bugs (push the Queen into the abyss and you cannot finish it although u killed her)
- reducing the amount of dilithium u can make in a certain time drastically and at the same time either increase existing prices or add more and more dilithium sinks

I have a job and I play(ed) this game to relax and have fun ... not continue working

so its fair to say I am majorly pissed about season 7 and the little extra content does not make up for it at all

I consider myself a trekkie so leaving this game is not the easiest thing to do, but if I am getting screwed big time like this, it is the only option I see, so I started to look into other games to spend my time (and possibly money) with

and just to make a bit more difficult for you Cryptic guys, I am telling all my friends and fleetmates to stop paying ... and if they can leave this game alltogether, until you guys have come to your senses and listen to the player base

we pay your salaries ... just saying
(or maybe not too long anymore, cos frankly turning somethin fun into work will maybe kill this game)

Last edited by daxiii23; 11-19-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Career Officer
# 35
11-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
And if you don't like the game for the game, why are you playing?
As I mentioned I'm not, since S7 has come out I just run an STF and a Romulan Patrol, and setup my rep projects, and log off for 2 days while they do their thing. So yes, I've been on a lot less since S7.

If there was something for me to do, to enjoy, I'd be on more. I've done all the stuff on new romulus, the newness has worn off, i'm not into a lot of repetitive grindy things, I just do what's necessary for the rep system cause eventually i'd like to be at Tier 5.

One other thing I do enjoy, is continuing my let's play series on youtube, for others to enjoy STO, so I will continue to log on to do that. But for me personally, as I mentioned, I've been on a lot less since S7 because there is less for me to do, as strange as it sounds with 2 new STFs, and New Romulus, and Tau Dewa, there is actually less for me to do after you do it all, there are no incentives for doing the two new STFs for example, the rewards that were there before, aren't now, and now with the rep system you can just grind the easy STFs, so there is no reason to play the harder STFs.

Here's hoping new FE's and Season 8 fill the content gap.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Ensign
# 36
11-19-2012, 01:47 AM
and i am rather watching your lets plays now than playing myself and get frustrated ... sounds paradox? welcome to your world cryptic
Captain
# 37
11-19-2012, 02:23 AM
I think my participation in PvE encounters (except for the occasional SB24/Mirror with alts) is going to drop to Zero.

My main characters already have their Mk.XI Maco/Omega/HG/Borg sets, and for whatever alts that are going to hit 50 in the future, the rep-system is simply not worth the hassle for me.

Fleet Gear or unbound Mk.XI will suffice. No need for me to go through all that trouble.
Career Officer
# 38 enough rah rah
11-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
But they didn't change the STFs themselves and they added two new STFs. They added a bunch of new content to actually play. No gameplay has been removed - the rewards have been altered.

It just seems like you're focusing on the meta-game aspect like Fleet Holdings and Reputations ahead of the actual game itself. And if you don't like the game for the game, why are you playing?
onece you unlock a tier you then get to do a 40hr project to get the privilage of spending dilith on one just one item if you want anything else is another 40hr project. I sold a ring that i dont wear but still had great sentimental value to me for lifetime membership. I feel so riped off cheated. This season jsut keeps getting worse not better. ive been known to play 15 or 20 hours a day on weekend but now after a couple hrs im so bored and depressed i leave and dont comeback till the next day. how could any sane person call this crap an impovement????
I will never ever spend another dime of real world money on this game ever ever ever ever.

so give up the cheerleading it wont be enough this time season 7 is horraible an no amount of marketing spin can change the fact people are leaving in droves. the more you play the worse it gets. grind grind grind grind then grind more. give it a rest already not fooled not inspired just depressed an fed up!!!!!!
Captain
# 39
11-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Someone above mentioned player fatigue, this is exactly how I feel post-S7, I feel like I'm doing work, like going to a job, instead of having fun in a game like I use to. S7 has lessened the enjoyment and need to play STFs, especially the harder ones, there isn't any benefit or reason to anymore. They've removed gameplay for me by doing this, since all I use to do was play all the STFs cause there isn't anything else to do at endgame. Now, there still isn't. All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.

Good luck buying your gear with your non-existant supply of marks/bnc/dilithium when you hit reputation cap by doing the absolute minimum.
Career Officer
# 40
11-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Good luck buying your gear with your non-existant supply of marks/bnc/dilithium when you hit reputation cap by doing the absolute minimum.
I've got plenty of the above, but thanks for your concern. Right now, minimum is all that is required.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us