Empire Veteran
# 41
11-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Season 7 an EPIC FAILURE

Great for people who are new and love the Grind.

Bad for us who have seen STO transform into this monstrosity

I only wish that the Rep system was optional and a separate component to the STFs.

There was no need for CRYPTIC to have gone that deep into re-structuring the STF system. Mk XII Gear was once for free, now you have to pay for them via projects, time (I mean TIME), and Dilithium. The game is NOT fun anymore, its has turned into a second job.

Again, only folks that will enjoy the NEW STO are the new players and people who RP. I'm with the Doctor, as in I hop in, maybe start a project then leave until a week or so.
Captain
# 42
11-19-2012, 04:11 AM
It isn't great.

I'm already bored of New Romulus, I like the thinking behind the reputation/projects system but it takes far too long to unlock anything - and in the meantime I have nothing to do.

No point doing STF's, I have plenty of Omega marks for the next few projects. Can't do more on New Romulus because I need to wait until I hit tier 1. Can't do the foundry content (the actual interesting content) because it is unavailable. Fleet actions last a total of 5 mins now that is the only real way to get Dil, and they play like wild wolves fighting over scraps. Can't focus on doff's, never was that interested in them and can't afford the Dil costs. Can't give Dil toward fleet projects because I'll need it for my Omega equipment.

The game still has bugs. It was rushed to release and the devs ignored feedback.

Nope, not great at all.

EDIT: Oh how can I forget, they lied to everyone when they removed the Dil reward from STF's and only decided to correct this when it was damn obvious their income would suffer for it.

Last edited by coupaholic; 11-19-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
11-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Sigh... You can get you 8k limit *faster* now if you run Fleet Actions alongside their daily 1440 dil wrapper mission. Three wrapper missions, three Fleet Actions, one hour.
You TOTALLY missed the point.
You make 8k, then what?
Have you read ANY of the complaints?
I've posted it before, I'll post it again:
Season 7 is BROKEN.
Captain
# 44
11-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
I've got plenty of the above, but thanks for your concern. Right now, minimum is all that is required.
As long as you don't hee and haw 2 months from now when your 100k dilithium and thousand of marks/BNP short on buying gear, that's cool with me.
Career Officer
# 45
11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
As countless members in-game and about 4/5ths of those on the forum have already said.

Season 7 is pretty much awful.

I don't think there is much more to be said.
Commander
# 46
11-19-2012, 05:56 AM
*Does the math*

Ok, assuming an average of 20 Omega Marks per run, 20 normal STF runs per day will net the following -

400 Omega Marks
9600 Unrefined Dilthium

Now to maximize Omega Marks at least one in three of those (taking into account the STF cooldown) will be Breaking the Hive, on which I've been able to make a constant 29 Omega Marks (Never hit that middle optional objective yet). Assuming the first STF I do each day is Breaking the Hive then our new breakdown looks like this.

463 Omega Marks
9600 Unrefined Dilithium

Now lets up that to 20 Elite runs assuming the average of 60 marks per STF

1200 Omega Marks
19200 Dilithium
20 Borg Neural Processors

Looking at those charts my best option to maximize profit through nothing but STFs appears to be 10 Elite STFs per day, a number a few of you were probably doing anyway and less than some were doing.

But wait, how long will this take. Average STF time is about 20-30 minutes, so we'll say 25 per STF and guess a little over 4 hours a day. Tier 5 Elite runners can reduce their daily earnings or Marks to 400 however and reduce that to 3 hours. by running trading 50 marks for 500 dilithium twice.

Even so, if all's you wanted to max out on was Dilithium you could hit the cap running (Tier 5 only) 6 elite STFs per day and converting 250 of the marks you earn into Dilithium leaving you with at least 110 Omega Marks per day (assuming you don't hit any bonus objectives.) Hitting bonus objectives could reduce this potentially down to 5 STFs per day cutting your farming time down to about 3-3.5 hours.

The amount of time it takes to farm dilithium hasn't changed, they've just added more numbers to juggle and an artificial gate on before you can do it.
Captain
# 47
11-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Wrong math.

You still have to factor in EDC's, salvages and gear drops AND consoles and weapons etc.

Not JUST the fact they were lost but having to pay for them aswell is what people have a hard time understanding.

Which means if you want to do the correct math on what you were earning vs what you are earning, every LOST drop under the old school vs now factors in TWICE.

Once, for the lost in-come in itself, and twice for the deficit of paying for it... THAT is the right math. I guess a professional scam is when people don't know they've been hustled...

REMEMBER (spock) you didn't just lose an in-come you also gained an expense

Anyway, so in effect, for every time you are now playing you would have gotten an elite drop, you are down 40,000 k dil x 2.
A weapon drop ? 30,000 x 2

And so on and so on. That is the extend of what you have lost and are paying for now.

In addition to having to sit around and wait for PERMISSION to buy it for 3 months like someone is doing you a huge favour lmao

Again I can only speak for mysefl but my dil in-come has come to a complete halt beyond the minimum of what is required for gating my characters.

Will I be motivated to get 1 or 2 items from t5 in a quarter of a year's time ? Don't know we'll have to see.
Ensign
# 48
11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
The amount of time it takes to farm dilithium hasn't changed, they've just added more numbers to juggle and an artificial gate on before you can do it.
I beg to differ: pre S7 you could get 5k+ dilithium out of one eSTF
base reward ~1000 dil + rare/purple tech and/or rare/purple salvage

admitted takes some luck but i have plenty of times gotten either 2 purples or 1 purple and 2 rare ... but ok lucky me

standard eSTF in average gave me the base reward and a rare salvage/tech = 2000 dil per run

now: 960 base reward + BNP (=200 dil) and NO LOOT (in the few last weeks b4 S7 got a few nice mk12 [acc]x3 ... they will never drop in STF again) ...

and since I was more or less doing STFs only I am now not doing anything but get some omega marks when I need ... generally spending my time now with SWTOR or other things

Last edited by daxiii23; 11-19-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 49
11-19-2012, 06:23 AM
I was just telling someone in another thread that I felt the same as her about the state of the game. Poor girl even admitted to crying.

How many of us have had a dream of a ST MMO? Only to have a company who puts profits before customers squeeze it for all it's worth.

I have tried to stick it out, I barely survived season 6, Cryptic's broken promises that they had no serious intentions of fulfilling, bugs unfixed, etc. I even took long breaks and come back to worse bugs and more and more c-store items that are bugged worse then a cockroach farm.

I have seriously tried so hard to stick with season 7, but it has broken me. I just can't see any Trek, fun, or pleasure. Just seems to get worse, in my own opinion.

Check my real join date in my sig, and you'll see I tried to hang on, but my paws just slowly slipped off since PW mugged Cryptic and I fell away.........not even the Q can snap their collective fingers and bring me back.

The more I try, the more depressed, frustrated and angry I get, being Bi-Polar, it's really for my health that I stop.

I wish good luck and hope to those who wish to continue.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Captain
# 50
11-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
You TOTALLY missed the point.
You make 8k, then what?
Have you read ANY of the complaints?
I've posted it before, I'll post it again:
Season 7 is BROKEN.
You can make 8k and then... Play The Game (tm).

Seriously. Either you like the core concept of this game or you don't - why are you here if you don't enjoy actually playing this game? The meta-game stuff... it's all icing on the top of the cake. You don't need to participate in Fleets, and the holding system didn't exist years back when most of us started playing. Borg gear didn't either. If you played then and enjoyed the game, what fundamentally has changed to make you hate it? The mechanics haven't changed, just the reward structure.

So if you're only playing the for rewards... why bother? Just make yourself a spreadsheet that says "+10000000 dilithium" every time you press a button.