Captain
# 51
11-19-2012, 07:38 AM
I think the previous poster before you actually answered your question asking how many people here dreamed of a star trek mmo.

Hoping for better days and putting up with the negatives because it's star trek
Ensign
# 52
11-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
You can make 8k and then... Play The Game (tm).
having a life and such things like a job makes it difficult to play enough time to make 8k dil ... and then play to "enjoy"

i could get my dil cap with a few STFs per day and I enjoyed doing these (+ there was the nice thrill of getting some kind of loot)

now making 8k dil a day for one toon (let alone more than one) takes much more time than i can invest in this game ... yeah i hear you "not our problem u cant spend that much time"

STO is now only worth playing for ppl with no job and no life or a big wallet???

and dont give me that crap "u dont need that gear that desperately" ... yes you do or you basically fly around and do nothing as lvl 50 char ... or get shot into pieces every few seconds
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-19-2012, 09:00 AM
The word 'horrifying' comes to mind when I am asked to pick a phrase that best describes my opinion of Season 7. It's like STO's version of the Star Wars Galaxies New Game Experience patch, only much more fail. The tiny amount of enjoyment the game was clinging to in my eyes is now completely gone.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-19-2012, 09:41 AM
ok i have been playing STO since season 5 started.

it was very good to find a game i rather enjoyed to be honest with you.

only problem is i hate season seven.

i thought they were gonna do the following:

1) add new missions or expand missions to what we currently have.
I mean, we already have great episodes in the diferent missions, why not expand on those and give us more episodes, thats what i would of done for season 7 TBH.
The borg mission episodes were waaaaay to short, add more episodes to that i would of done and add more episodes to the brean and udine missions, just concentrate on what you already have and expand on the current missions.thats what i thought season 7 was gonna be about.

2) increase the ranking system from admiral 50 to some higher rank.
Was rather looking forward to this, thought they were gonna increase the ranking to coinside with the new episodes, man i really loved doing the episodes they were just fantastic for me, and i liked the way you ranked up.

3) somehow, increase the dillithium runs so we can actually get more to keep players interested in starbase stuff.
This would of been a great opportunity to input a few new moons around the universe as many players really enjoyed doing the grinds.
why for gods sake did you drop or better yet lower the dilithium rewards for STF's i will never know, if it ain't broke why fix it?

4) i like the idea of the reputation system, romulan marks but you should of opened a thread for discussion with the members you currently have with the heading "Suggestions for season 7: what would you like to see" get members/players involved with the creation of season 7, not just do your own thing and upset a lot of people, thats what i would have done, and i can guess many others would have gone the same route.

i really hope Cryptic/PW that you would consider the little people, neh let me rephrase that.
the members/players whos money actually put you where you are today, our input for season 8, (if the game dont die)

listen to the members/players, they know what they are on about, if you rely on feedback from us you would be suprised how much fun this game cant really be, but for me the enjoyment has somewhat gone.

i suggest you try to recapture what this game used to stand for, go back to basics and make the game fun.

for me i will not be spending any more money on this game and i will for the meantime be playing call of duty black ops 2, i don't want to but what choice do i have.

you have ruind the one game i really enjoyed.

shame on you.
Ensign
# 55 :(
11-19-2012, 09:53 AM
In the words of comic book guy,"worst update ever"!.
Rihannsu
# 56
11-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxiii23 View Post
- adding a new STF full of obvious bugs (push the Queen into the abyss and you cannot finish it although u killed her)
Yea too bad that's broken, there seriously needs to be an accolade for doing that.

I...have had... enough of... YOU!
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Survivor of Romulus
# 57
11-19-2012, 10:09 AM
How bad is season 7? Lets just say, I'm glad I didn't buy the life time subscription lol.
Career Officer
# 58
11-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Season 7, where to begin?

Too damned much of a grind for dilithium and too damned light on entertainment.

The carrot's been put on a longer and longer stick, and now it's nearly outa sight, so why bother anymore?

When starbases were released, I was happy. I liked the fact that players in an MMO were encouraged to work together to contribute to SOMETHING.
To build a gaming experience TOGETHER.

Then came the dilithium special project sinks. Piles of tribbles, a few security guards ect. ect. ect.
But as dilithium was still fairly easy to get and starbases and the occasional gear upgrades the only real use, I adapted.

Then season 7 came:
Dilithium "exploits" were taken out. (But double dilithium dipping in so far as dilithium costs in starbase projects and collection of rewards once rewards were unlocked, were left in)
MORE dilithium sinks were added and now there is conflicts in uses for what dilithium I get.

Do I help out the fleet? Do I horde it for personal uses?

Starbase progression in my various fleets (2) hasn't slowed down, IT'S STOPPED. I fear some on my fleet have given up.

Judging from history, I fear that any gains one gets through the progression of the reputation system, in so far as new sets and abilities, will only get nerfed AFTER all the effort to achieve them.
Why? They were never really tested. Who had time to progress all the way up the reputation system on tribble, then actually use those new abilities and gear in PVP?

So I see a lotta effort for very questionable gains on that subject.

THANK GOD they put the dilithium back in the STFs, personally, I would have thrown in the towel if that hadn't happened.
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-19-2012, 10:38 AM
The dilithium/gear maps suck. It really says something about Cryptic that they're trying to leverage poorly designed/coded and irritating content be forcing players to participate in order to acquire NEEDED commodities. I haven't seen ONE piece of VR salvage since S7 slapped me in the mouth, that means no chance of any real sales, and I'm bleeding EC's because of it.

While there are aspects of S7 that I like, the utter lack of ENJOYABLE content that produces high-quality salvage is starting to annoy me, increasingly. This means that I'm begining to wonder why I continue to support a game that treats me like an idiot/lab rat.
Commander
# 60
11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
New Romulus is cool, new patrols with random Enterprise appearances are cool, new Tholian red alert is cool even if it is ridiculous being spammed with webs, and the new Vault space FA is cool.

What's NOT cool is the excess grind that came with S7, and the absolutely LUDICROUS amounts of time you have to wait for reputation projects to finish. SB projects? Sure. But personal reputation projects? That's one of the WORST ideas I've yet to see in my years of playing multiplayer online games. Considering I started way back when MUD/MUSH were it, that's saying something.