Career Officer
# 61
11-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I vote BAD.

The removal of Random Loot Bags killed anyy excitement i had doing STFs. Now it only feels like going to work to get the same paycheck every time.

The Fleet Actions with the dailys can give ok Dilithium but they are quickly getting boring. Not much tactical or team content over there. And having rewards awarded to the most efficient players is worst idea than having random drops for everyone imho.

Romulan content is fine i guess but time will tell if there is any replayability fun to have over there. Or will it become another ghost town like Defera Invasion? It is a nice change of pace for awhile but i can't see myself replaying Romulus weeks after weeks.

Costs for Doffs upgrading is ridiculously out of whack.

The Reputation system feels terribly slow and the stupid prices of the store are totally inacceptable. Look at the Borg Mk X space equipment and compare with the 5 EDC costs they used to be.

So to me in the end, Season 6 was more fun, more rewarding and more ENTERTAINING.

Season 7 feels like WORK. And working in a game gets old fast.

So the question is... ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
And i am not.

Last edited by tali9999; 11-19-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Edited for typos
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Have they offered reasons why they've killed salvage as a commodity, and replaced it with NOTHING? I've been around long enough to have experienced a tight-lipped dev house or two, but Cryptic mixes that with a low-level contempt of their user base that is really honking me off.

If this game hasn't gotten markedly better by the time Planetside II hits I'm jumping ship.
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Here is a post I made in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359
Yes, I know. I luv STO, but I am not crazy about Season 7 at all. All the system apologists probably have IP addresses coming from China and/or California.

More content, less PWE grind please.

Thx
Locutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
Hmmm, I just saw the costs for the Mk XII gear, .... thankfully my toons have most of what they need before Season 7 released.

I think it is time to cancel my Gold membership, I can't support this PWE Asian Grind model.

My money is going to sideline and will stay there until Stahl and Cryptic can get a handle on this. I will still play STO, but my money will not participate. I cannot reward this MMO model.

Thx
Locutus
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Quoting yourself? Wow...
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, there are good and bad features in season 7. I like the new UI and the switch char option. New STF with higher difficulty is a great idea.

I don't like the tons of bugs that come with season 7, torps that oneshot my sturdiest cruiser and the new bloody reputation grind. New Romulus is fail. Stupid farmville. Changes to STF's are crap.

Atm I have more fun reading all the negative feedback than playing the frickin game. In fact, I can't find the motivation to log in at all.
Ensign
well ive just seen the next tier of reputation projects and im disgusted, firstly they are now asking for 30 duty officers, thats more than the fleet projects that are devided between the whole fleet except now they want them of each individual player,,,,PURE GREED!!
secondly they claim to have rewards for completing these projects,,i have not seen a single reward, these are not rewards, basically what they have done is take something away that i already had to start with and are now charging me to get them back and are claiming that is my reward?.......i already have borg mk xii weapons and now they come along seasons later and take them away and try to charge me for getting them back.. i have trouble understanding how you can consider this a reward,,, ive spent hundreds of pounds on this game and im the leader of a fleet of over 400 and i really dont want to play this game anymore, mainly because i dont want to get to deep into it not knowing what stupid ideas they will hit me with next, if this is what they are charging for the tier 1 projects i dont even want to see what they'll want for the next tier!! this season as totally put me off playing and i feel that no matter how many people complain , PW/cryptic will just totally ignore what the players want because they are focused by pure greed,, they are too greedy to listen to the people who are actually paying them?!!! GREEDY, MONEY GRABBING, TIGHT, SCHEMING, RIPPING OFF , CHEEKY, LYING, THEIVING , did i miss anything?
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Quoting yourself? Wow...
just trying to make it easier to read.... since i had a couple of posts from another thread that are relevant

thx
Rihannsu
# 68
11-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Since they have restored STF Dili somewhat, I'd say mediocre.

Why mediocre, because they have still taken away the motivation to play all day for someone like me.

I log on, start my repu projects and check the Starbase/Embassy, when in need of Omega or Romulan marks I play 1 STF and 1 or 2 Romulan mark events, then I go back to Tera.

Kinda like how I treat browser games, all in all I went from spending entire days on STO to maybe, if I need both Omega and Romulan marks, spending 2 hours on STO on a single day.

Edit: Thus I conclude, they succeeded in their goal, make the game more appealing to the casual player and much less so to a no lifer like me, though I will admit, most of the things the Trekkies constantly ask for are things that bore me, New Romulus to me is for the most part, boring, it's why I never actively did Nukara or the Deferi Invasion either, because it bores me, I suppose it's mostly the outstretched land maps that don't really allow you to cover ground quickly.

Into the Hive/Hive Onslaught on the other hand, I find fun.

Last edited by lucianazeta; 11-19-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 69
11-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post
Into the Hive/Hive Onslaught on the other hand, I find fun.
Really?! I tried that one time and the entire team kept getting destroyed. Its those Regenerative Spheres that keep healing the gigantic Borg ships...and those giant green energy balls that disintegrate your ship in one hit when you least expect it.

Seriously man. You need to share your secret or tactic of winning this one.
Starfleet Veteran
# 70
11-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
just trying to make it easier to read.... since i had a couple of posts from another thread that are relevant

thx
Since when was reminding people that you're a bigot something to be proud of?