Lt. Commander
# 71
11-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Going to vote Bad.

My carrot in the game was building my solo starbase. It was slow going and was eating a large number of DoFF's and EC. However, I liked seeing it grow and the progress towards my goal encouraged me to log in daily.

Yesterday was my first real time playing again after 4 days of simply not logging in. I went from 6 hours a day to zero. I went from 5 characters maxing dilithium to 0. Now that FM's are my bottleneck, the likelihood of my Tier3 shipyard seems a near impossible goal, so my motivation to play is near zero.

I had the majority of space gear from STF's on my characters, with 1 of 4 just missing a single MKXII item and another character now completely content in the Borg set. So i'm not exactly under pressure to grind the rep system.

If they want dilithium flowing again, solution is to revert the fleet action dilithium rewards.

If they want starbases moving again, give either better FM rewards or add dilithium to events that award FM's.

I, for my sins, recently purchased a LTS so i'll be ensuring I get my british pounds worth (since you can't show the proper symbol forums) though cryptic and PWE should be under no illusions that i'm nothing short of a hostile consumer.
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumosmith View Post
Going to vote Bad.

My carrot in the game was building my solo starbase. It was slow going and was eating a large number of DoFF's and EC. However, I liked seeing it grow and the progress towards my goal encouraged me to log in daily.

Yesterday was my first real time playing again after 4 days of simply not logging in. I went from 6 hours a day to zero. I went from 5 characters maxing dilithium to 0. Now that FM's are my bottleneck, the likelihood of my Tier3 shipyard seems a near impossible goal, so my motivation to play is near zero.

I had the majority of space gear from STF's on my characters, with 1 of 4 just missing a single MKXII item and another character now completely content in the Borg set. So i'm not exactly under pressure to grind the rep system.

If they want dilithium flowing again, solution is to revert the fleet action dilithium rewards.

If they want starbases moving again, give either better FM rewards or add dilithium to events that award FM's.

I, for my sins, recently purchased a LTS so i'll be ensuring I get my british pounds worth (since you can't show the proper symbol forums) though cryptic and PWE should be under no illusions that i'm nothing short of a hostile consumer.
I'm like you. I have been playing this game since before launch, religiously. They have managed to so thoroughly remove any aspect of enjoyability that may still have remained at the end of season 6 that I went from playing all the time to not logging at all except maybe once a week.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Commander
# 73
11-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neohunter200 View Post
Really?! I tried that one time and the entire team kept getting destroyed. Its those Regenerative Spheres that keep healing the gigantic Borg ships...and those giant green energy balls that disintegrate your ship in one hit when you least expect it.

Seriously man. You need to share your secret or tactic of winning this one.
It's a weird one, I've yet to finish Into the Hive but Hive Onslaught is one of my favourite time wasters when I'm waiting for Infected to come off cooldown.

I've seen several people who supposedly knew what they were doing screw up the second stage so many times (and so many who jumped ship the moment the 15 min limit was up and the middle optional failed), so much that it can take the entire cooldown for Infected to finish Hive Onslaught.

Yesterday however, I took a friend of mine who's never done it before into it and we finished it in less than 15 minutes, a fact I attribute to a team of people who knew what they were doing and someone who actually paid attention to what people said and knew how to fly her ship.
Rihannsu
# 74
11-24-2012, 09:32 AM
KDF player here.

- i do like the reputation system. It is finally a system, not random chance. The amounts of marks and EC should be adjusted.

- i like the New Romulus, it WAS a good idea.. the ground grind is terribad, the space stuff is hit and miss but i like it. The visuals are too funky/chidish for my taste.

- i'm happy to see fleet actions brought back to life

- i have abandoned my small starbase, cause im not going to be grinding for the "prior free" 300 FM's like 5 hours now, which is BAD, and cryptic's loss.

- i am a huge trekkie, so i'm ok with just playing foundry once in a while, and i really do enjoy the space PVP here. (Thank you cryptic for adding new toys to FED side, not that i am going to play as FED; but i'll be happy to show them how BAD they are, even with their P2W stuff)

- I'm a little pissed because the KDF Honor Guard stats have been transferred do FED's set, but i do have my original Honor Guard Sets MK XI, so i suppose i am done with the Omega Reputation (there is no story either... )

- next issue are DOFF's, well known problem - the pricing is for converting DOFF'S is .... STRANGE

Overall, this game IS becoming a second job, if YOU allow it. There is too much grind and not enough official content. The inofficial content should be better organised.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 11-24-2012 at 09:35 AM.