Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Just did a Infected Space Elite, and something have definately changed with s7.

Borg can now hit us for 50-60k with un-buffed plasma torpedos. That's not heavy torpedos, so they are fully invisible and can not be shot down. In adition, the DoT is also scaling with this horrible damage number. And this thing hits you much more frequently than any Hazard Emitter cooldown can keep up with.

Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Gateway deals 17530 (51901) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.
[Combat (Self)] Gateway deals 743 (1135) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo
Here is another example:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1491/bplda.jpg

as you can see, it also deals a horrible amount of shield damage.

This is just plain stupid. One-shotting heavy torps, OK, but one-shotting normal torps???

(also, all sphere torps also seem to have their damage doubled from earlier numbers)
Captain
# 2
11-17-2012, 04:55 PM
I have to agree. Someone messed up bad here, the plasma fire effect before S7 usually did about 110-150 per tick, now its up to 400-600 per tick. Heals cant keep up with the amount of damage anymore.

BTW, this is a sphere on elite, both numbers.
Career Officer
# 3
11-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Same here. I dont have a combat parser so I dont have the real numbers to back it up but I've been regularly one shot by the gate through full shields nad hull.

On an Atrox.

56k damage popped up over my slowly exploding ship. :|

That and spheres and such seem to have gotten a damage resist buff. Either i've just been teaming with horrible teams or they are hitting both harder and lasting longer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2012, 03:59 AM
Something definately happened... and I don't mind the borg dealing more damage, or being harder to kill, it's just how it's done. Unavoidable one-shotting is completely unacceptable. DoT strong enough to burn you up, delivered more frequently than anyone can keep up with, and stacking, is also poor design.

Both these things will kill you, and there is no way of avoiding it, short of staying away from the borg.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-18-2012, 04:13 AM
I'll check back on this topic in about a week. But i doubt cryptic will answer it by then.
Captain
# 6
11-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Just did Kitohmer Space Elite. Gateway's Tractor beam was doing over 3000 Damage per tick, almost TRIPLE the amount before S7.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Borg's revenge is hard now.My shield was full (more then 13k) plus 57k hull.Just 1 invisible torpedo hit and puff I'm gone to fed heaven...
Commander
# 8
11-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Yeah it seems even BO abilities are almost useless now against borg for survival. I'm having a hard time soloing standard cubes in my Jemmy. I'm basically guaranteed to blow up once. The tac cubes are back to beating the **** out of you. I'm not even sure I want to try CSE atm, and I definitely won't dare to tank basic cubes while blowing up probes in KASE anymore.

For anyone who says well this is how it needs to be! well I got news for you. The playerbase and the system of how STFs are set up doesn't work with your fantasy borg on hard mode, not when you can get stuck with any number of bad ship combos for the task. And while the borg can kick some ass, they've never ever been a force to be reckoned with. They're actually pretty weak compared to their STO versions because they could only wear your ship down for the win, not out right blow you up with fantasy torps that they never use in shows or movies. That's why I liked how they were before s7. If you were geared properly, you rightfully went through borg without much of a problem. If you sucked then you got your ass kicked. See that's the thing about MMOs, the hard stuff gets easier as you gear properly.

Remember, what makes the borg such a threat isn't their firepower. It's their numbers, being cycborgs, and overall ability to defend themselves in ground to ground combat. Of course it makes no sense when they don't adapt their adaptive personal shield ability to their fricking ships but that's fiction for you to give the good guys a chance in space at least. So instead they use themselves to quickly regen their hull when they take damage. That's how they take people out, by wearing them down in the long run. They want to assimilate you, not destroy you. For as long as they have been around I'm pretty sure the borg could use I Win weaponry if they wanted to. But I guess the feds don't normally have insta hull heals so whatever really. Games are games. I mean it's not like STFs are impossible now. They're just back to being annoying moreso than ever now there's an increased timer in place for deaths and there's little you can do to avoid being blown up against bosses.

I suppose this is their way of making people wear their gimpy stat borg gear sets. I don't know.
Career Officer
# 9
11-18-2012, 08:10 AM
I did Hive Onslaught , and wow i got beat bad. Tough is good though, I dont know how im going to defend against one shots, (350k damage and 525k dps). If they nerf it hopefully it will only be on the one shots. I would still want the mission to be a challenge no matter what gear I have.
Commander
# 10
11-18-2012, 12:00 PM
No problems with the changes here. Even with them, I still PUG just fine in my paper thin Raptor and running Elites with a group of players who know what they are doing still results in all optionals pretty much guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
For anyone who says well this is how it needs to be! well I got news for you. The playerbase and the system of how STFs are set up doesn't work with your fantasy borg on hard mode, not when you can get stuck with any number of bad ship combos for the task.
So you are suggesting that any group of noobs with any random ship configuration should be able to walk into an Elite event and own the place? There's already a place for that. Normal STFs and pretty much every other area of this game. What do we need then for people who do want a challenge, Super Elite? And guess who will show up there and complain it's too hard.