Captain
# 11
11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I spent a couple hours on New Romulus, it wasn't very interesting and I was lost most of the time. After seeing how little Romulan marks I got from doing stuff there I have just been queing up for Romulan mark events instead, much easier that way. I doubt I will bother returning to there or the new sector block as a whole unless they make it easier to earn marks there, add a transwarp, add across faction starbase in orbit of New Romulus like ds9 that has ground and space vendors, exchange, bank, tailor, ship selection npc, etc so I can do everything I need to do there without having to leave the sector block.
Career Officer
# 12
11-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
New Romulus does not have the same services as ESD or DS9. And with the reputation system, people will be wanting to buy hypos, major regenerators, shield charges, etc. As far as I know, there is no vendor that sells them on New Romulus.
There is actually a vendor for that in the staging area, not far from the platform where you first arrive.
Captain
# 13
11-17-2012, 03:31 PM
I've been to new romulus once, next time I go will probably be once I unlock the first tier and some more things are available to me.

It is pretty, but it is also just eye candy.
Captain
# 14
11-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, its just its not meant to function as a base, Bajor have similar issues since you dont have contacts for Contraband, Shipyard or the STF essentials.

Also DS9 is a Transwarp location, when I was running STFs I was based in DS9 since if my ship was injured I could repair it, if my character was injured I could remove it ... only ESD offers the same but its 10 times more annoying to navigate and still lacks a Dabo table.
I guess I did not understand there plans for New Romulus - I thought they ment it was going to be a place to hang out - but like you and everyone point out - why would you - there is nothing there - no services - no transwarp locations - nothing

So it's ment to go there - collect some rocks - collect some water samples - chase after some bunny things and leave?

this is what we call new content these days?
Career Officer
# 15
11-17-2012, 03:35 PM
its an "Evolving location" over time you unlock more to do there based on your personal and fleet ranks
Captain
# 16
11-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I spent a couple hours on New Romulus, it wasn't very interesting and I was lost most of the time. After seeing how little Romulan marks I got from doing stuff there I have just been queing up for Romulan mark events instead, much easier that way. I doubt I will bother returning to there or the new sector block as a whole unless they make it easier to earn marks there, add a transwarp, add across faction starbase in orbit of New Romulus like ds9 that has ground and space vendors, exchange, bank, tailor, ship selection npc, etc so I can do everything I need to do there without having to leave the sector block.
they need a base in orbit or that place will die like the other social zones - and be the biggest waste of dev resources to date.
Rihannsu
# 17
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
I don't think you understand how instances work.
Exactly. Last night at about 1AM Eastern Time I popped in to Tau Dewa instance 17. If #17 was empty that means that 1-16 must be filled or nearly filled.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
# 18
11-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
Exactly. Last night at about 1AM Eastern Time I popped in to Tau Dewa instance 17. If #17 was empty that means that 1-16 must be filled or nearly filled.
I was actually talking about DS9 the base - sector space instances work different and has much lower capacity
Captain
# 19
11-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
they need a base in orbit or that place will die like the other social zones - and be the biggest waste of dev resources to date.
And it would be cool to be on a Romulan style space station, a change from DS9 or ESD.
This could be the basis for some new missions too, help the Romulans build the starbase, and/or help defend it from Tholians or Tal Shiar. There really is no good reason the Romulans wouldn't have a major space station there if this is supposed to be a new homeworld.
Commander
# 20
11-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
Not necessarily.

All it means is that there was cause at one point to spawn an instance #17. If you wander around the game and look at the list of instances, you'll see many 'orphaned' instances. As long as there's one player still in it, it remains open. If another player gets dropped in it, or switches to it, it will remain open even if the other player leaves. I used to immediately change instance on both ESD and DS9 due to lag, to the smallest instance I could find. You can get high numbered instances that will persist for hours this way, even though there's only two or three instances running.