Career Officer
# 21
11-17-2012, 03:52 PM
DS9 is useful to almost all players. New Romulus is for level-capped players only. That alone makes a world of difference.

Also, DS9 is pretty small, with everyone packed in like sardines compared to New Romulus' larger play area.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 22
11-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
New Romulus does not have the same services as ESD or DS9. And with the reputation system, people will be wanting to buy hypos, major regenerators, shield charges, etc. As far as I know, there is no vendor that sells them on New Romulus. Not even the Tuffli freighter has a hypo vendor. So really, New Romulus can't function as a base of operations. That will always still be ESD or DS9. And you can't transwarp there either. The best you can do, is transwarp to fleet base, and then transwarp to Pi Canis assuming you have unlocked it.
There is a Romulan Vendor in the Staging Area of New Romulus that sells all of those things.

Vice Admiral Laurence Corrin - USS Trafalgar
Captain Takaram ch'Rihan - USS Khellian
Captain Korax joH'a' vo'poH - USS Hartnell
General Hothkar, Son of Ta'lon - IKS oDwI'
Rihannsu
# 23
11-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
And it would be cool to be on a Romulan style space station, a change from DS9 or ESD.
This could be the basis for some new missions too, help the Romulans build the starbase, and/or help defend it from Tholians or Tal Shiar. There really is no good reason the Romulans wouldn't have a major space station there if this is supposed to be a new homeworld.
yeah, it would be nice to start a new char there, as a member of RSE D

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 24
11-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Despite the removal of the STF store I have not seen DS9 - DS9 orbit and DS9 sector space this packed in a while

But New Romulus and surrounding space - ghostville

That is my number 1 indicator that this New Romulus is a Fail.
Hardly. You need to look at the Reputation system design. All you need Mars a few times a week. You can get on the Ground or in Space around New Romulus. You DON'T have to do the New Romulus Content like the pre-Reputation STFs to advance and gain new abilities. When you hit a Tier you want ear in. Then you grind some for the Marks and Dilihtiumand get your gear.
Lieutenant
# 25
11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Despite the removal of the STF store I have not seen DS9 - DS9 orbit and DS9 sector space this packed in a while

But New Romulus and surrounding space - ghostville

That is my number 1 indicator that this New Romulus is a Fail.
I decided to compare the 2 locations, and guess what I found? As of 7:30PM EST:

Beta Ursa sector block = 1 instance
DS9 space sector = 2 instances
DS9 station ground = 6 instances

Tau Dewa sector block = 18 instances
New Romulus space sector = 4 instances
New Romulus ground sector = 17 instances

So a total of 9 instances between DS9 space/ground, and a total of 39 instances within the new Romulan areas. Not exactly what you claimed. In fact, not even close.
Captain
# 26
11-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thef0xguy View Post
I decided to compare the 2 locations, and guess what I found? As of 7:30PM EST:

Beta Ursa sector block = 1 instance
DS9 space sector = 2 instances
DS9 station ground = 6 instances

Tau Dewa sector block = 18 instances
New Romulus space sector = 4 instances
New Romulus ground sector = 17 instances

So a total of 9 instances between DS9 space/ground, and a total of 39 instances within the new Romulan areas. Not exactly what you claimed. In fact, not even close.
Did you actually look at how many players were displayed and count the instances not the numbered -

Right now 10 intances running in New Romulus sector space - most with 18 "mirrors" - 3 with 1 - 2 with 2 and 1 with "0"

New Rom orbit - 3 running - one with 13 the other 2 - 3 and 6

Ground: I saw 10 all showing between 10 and 30 players - DS9 usually has up to 74 showing in each

Different times of day - still the main point was this should be WAY more populated then a station that was stripped of it's primary reason for being there.
Captain
# 27
11-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Did you actually look at how many players were displayed and count the instances not the numbered -

Right now 10 intances running in New Romulus sector space - most with 18 "mirrors" - 3 with 1 - 2 with 2 and 1 with "0"

New Rom orbit - 3 running - one with 13 the other 2 - 3 and 6

Ground: I saw 10 all showing between 10 and 30 players - DS9 usually has up to 74 showing in each

Different times of day - still the main point was this should be WAY more populated then a station that was stripped of it's primary reason for being there.
A big reason? Yes, the primary reason? Hell no. I've used DS9 as a Base of Operations since I started playing, and likely will continue to do so. And in the year I've been playing, I can probably count on my hands the times I've used the STF store.

Keep in mind, it isn't exactly safe to sit AFK on New Romulus. There isn't really any penalties for lounging around on DS9. On DS9 there are Exchange Sharks, Doffers, People resting between STFs and FA's, people selling/storing loot drops, people buying consumables/ships, people doing missions, people messing around with the tailor, roleplayers, and idiots just screwing around.

DS9 will always be a center of high activity unless theres another place made that offers some sort of benefit.

Seriously, don't jump to conclusions, it's bad for your health.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Republic Veteran
# 28
11-17-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm sitting in New Romulus right now, and people are doing Gorn jokes, and chat is busy, the instance are full...both Ds9 and New Romulus are doing well.
Captain
# 29
11-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Once New Romulus gains all of the same benefits as DS9 (doff missions/ vendors/ Borg gear) you'll see more people b****ing at each other about politics there too.

You may even see the Drozana crew move there if they add more tables to dance on.
# 30
11-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Once New Romulus gains all of the same benefits as DS9 (doff missions/ vendors/ Borg gear) you'll see more people b****ing at each other about politics there too.

You may even see the Drozana crew move there if they add more tables to dance on.
Then we will get a Dental plan