Starfleet Veteran
Hi Sir,

I have a MACO-gear Mk XII. But I Would like to remove the helmet again, how do I Do that at Tailors ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Allfather
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
Rihannsu
# 2
07-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Allfather:

Unlike the other MACO costume pieces, the helmet is controlled from the head menu. One of the drop-down options is "head type," and you should be able to change it from the helmet to your character's normal head.
Rihannsu
# 3
07-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
Unlike the other MACO costume pieces, the helmet is controlled from the head menu. One of the drop-down options is "head type," and you should be able to change it from the helmet to your character's normal head.
This works if you've run the costume unlock project in the Omega Rep System. If you are just wearing your armor and using the "Show Visuals" option to see the armor on your character you will be unable to change it (remove the helmet) until you unlock the costume. At which point you can go to the Tailor and create a "uniform" with or without helmet (I typically take two costume slots and create a copy of the armor both with and without the helmet).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
You don't need 2 costumes, if you have the Maco Armour on, just select 'hide items' and the helmet but not the Armour) is hidden. Disable visuals does the same.
Rihannsu
# 5
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
You don't need 2 costumes, if you have the Maco Armour on, just select 'hide items' and the helmet but not the Armour) is hidden. Disable visuals does the same.
I'll have to double-check in-game, but my recollection is that the armor's visuals are "wrong" - The colors don't match those on display at DS9.

Further, on my characters that have the armor, and the 2-costume slots (with/without armor), I like to have the "blue LED"-bits to be on (ie blue and not off/black), and I also like to make the "yellow-bits" to be class specific (ie red for Tacs, blue for Sci).

In short, the default helmet-visuals wouldn't match my armor.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.