Ensign
# 1 Chat is still Broken...plus...
11-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Is anyone else not being able to see 'Zone' chat? Its there and I can type in it, unless every single player out there has decided to take a day off from selling in zone, slagging in zone or normal every day banter and just simply does not wanna chat!!

I can chat in Fleet chat though, Elite STF channel is down too.

Whilst on the subject of Broken..

1: Foundry is down
2: STF Private Lobby doesn't work
3: Space Enemy encounter in the new Romulus Sector doesn't work
4: Zone chat for me and others i FUBAR
5: ...will think of others
Commander
# 2
11-14-2012, 09:58 AM
The Foundry is down because they update that separately from Holodeck. They're going to be republishing every mission so that they conform to the new officer report guidelines.

As for the Zone chat, it worked for me last night.
Captain
# 3
11-14-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't know about Zone Chat. I got it turned off because I don't want to get spammed with Gorn jokes on DS9.

But yea... Private Lobby is borked. Tried using it to set up an STF last night, and it would always say one person has been invited to the lobby, thereby preventing us from starting even though that person accepted the invite.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Career Officer
# 4
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah, chat is broken still. Probably not for all though. I can't read anything but dev messages from Zone or Local, or any of my subbed channels. Only Fleet and Team chat work for me.
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 5
11-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I cannot type in Fleet Chat. I still get the feeds, but I do not have the option to type in the channel.

Also, I get the feeds from both the Fed fleet AND the KDF fleet, not matter which character I am using.
Captain
# 6
11-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbgron1 View Post
Is anyone else not being able to see 'Zone' chat? Its there and I can type in it, unless every single player out there has decided to take a day off from selling in zone, slagging in zone or normal every day banter and just simply does not wanna chat!!

I can chat in Fleet chat though, Elite STF channel is down too.

Whilst on the subject of Broken..

1: Foundry is down
2: STF Private Lobby doesn't work
3: Space Enemy encounter in the new Romulus Sector doesn't work
4: Zone chat for me and others i FUBAR
5: ...will think of others
There is a weird systemic bug in Cryptic game engine. Sometimes privacy settings get into a weird state. The server thinks there are on, and teh game client thinks they are off. Teh reason who you can't see zone is because your 'Allow Friend/Fleet Chat only" setting is turned on. It's probaby show as off on your settings. You are in essence ignoring everyone that isn't your friend.

What you need to do is to turn ON all of the settings, save. Then turn the settings OFF. That will clear up Zone and Global channels chat not being seen.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 11-16-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
11-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
I cannot type in Fleet Chat. I still get the feeds, but I do not have the option to type in the channel.

Also, I get the feeds from both the Fed fleet AND the KDF fleet, not matter which character I am using.
I have the same exact problem on my Fed characters. Took me hours to figure out why I was occasionally seeing people say "Qa'plah" in the fleet chat (they do that to say hi to each other all the time ) and they weren't even in the fleet roster. I have 1 KDF character in a fleet and when this happens I can't use fleet chat at all. I only have the option of zone and local.

This seems to happen only after I have logged in on my KDF character. If I exit the game and, relaunch it, and log in only on my Fed toons, the fleet chat seems to be fine.

Nothing like being on a Fed character seeing a conversation going on in your KDF fleet. On the bright side, since the 2 Fed fleets I'm in almost never have anyone talking, it makes me feel less lonely even though I can't say "Hello from the Federation"

Hail your new Overlord!
Commander
# 8
11-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Chat seems to work until I use the change character feature. When I do that it shows Fleet chat from the Fleet I switched from. It also disables the ability to type in fleet chat.