Career Officer
# 21
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
if anybody on the KDF side wants to donate his FM's to my fleet i can give him 100 EC for every FM.

That is 1000 FM = 100.000 EC

@duaths
I would imagine the going rate is almost a couple orders of magnitude more than that

Just looked through the numbers and it looks like absolute minimum number of fleet marks needed to max a starbase is 520,000+.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 11-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
11-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
Bumping the reward the for the daily starbase mission would be one way. The 5 you get from it make sit not worth the effort to do. Bumping it to 50 would accomplish two things: easier access to Fleet Marks to relieve the strain and get more people to go to their starbases.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I think the going rate is a couple orders of magnitude more than that
Yup. No way I'd give up 1000 FM for 100,000 EC. My time is much more valuable than that. With an hour of play, I can maybe get a hundred or two FM with the bonus event running. Compare that with Tour the Galaxy where you can make a million EC in that hour. Given that comparison, I think a more accurate conversion is 150 FM = 1 million EC.
Ok lets use a time based equation = how much time to get EC/FM

The Avg lvl 50 player could do 4 runs of Tour the Universe in 1 hour or $1.4 million

If you do the route from the wiki - there is also another rount where you only do a few blocks but get 200k EC and can do it 10x min or $2 million EC

Lets use the low end of $1.5 million

A good player with 5 toons could run Colony invasion 5 times in 1 hour min for 30 marks each run or 150 marks

so 150 marks = $1.5 million EC on a straight time trade - I could do the tour and get $1.5 million or I could do Colony invasion and hopefully get the same $1.5 million

So each mark would be worth 100k under these conditions

Given that you get some almost worhtless fleet credits back - lets discount that a bit to 1 mark = 75k

SO 1 Mark equals 75K Ec - less than that well you ar better off running Tour

Now trading Marks would be a good idea - maybe they could have a Fleet mark exchange??

Of course people who have lots and just want to unload would sell for much less - this is just a "Your Time" cost analysis
Rihannsu
# 24
11-19-2012, 11:20 PM
now notice how ill and wrong this discussion has become.

it was never planned for players to switch fleets for selling FM's.

CRYPTIC FIX THIS!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-19-2012, 11:29 PM
While costs per fleet marks generated now would be more expensive, those with access to the commendation reports or those not in fleets who did officer dailies for months will have access to greater quantities for much less time invested.

The proposed swap would be aimed at "Johnny alt" who ran the officer dailies for dilithium who is sitting on 5000 marks and not in a fleet or "Jimmy doffer" who has maxed out cXP and has access to commendation reports and more marks than he/she can use.

And you are doing it wrong if you don't get 3m+ EC per tour. I'll happily tell you how, for some fleet marks :p (or you could join "TheRace" channel and just ask for free 30m before a race, racers don't hide the knowledge)
Career Officer
# 26
11-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Cryptic should also add a way to convert Fleet Credits to Fleet Marks. That would help both Big and Small fleets whose members have acquire large amount of Fleet Credits.
Career Officer
# 27
11-20-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoosty1 View Post
Cryptic should also add a way to convert Fleet Credits to Fleet Marks. That would help both Big and Small fleets whose members have acquire large amount of Fleet Credits.
Well, that kind of already exists via Fleet Mark Boosts. They cost 15,000 fleet credits an give you 20% more fleet marks, up to 100. Since 100 Fleet Marks is 5000 fleet credits you end up paying a net 10,000 fleet credits for 100 fleet marks.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 28
11-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Well, that kind of already exists via Fleet Mark Boosts. They cost 15,000 fleet credits an give you 20% more fleet marks, up to 100. Since 100 Fleet Marks is 5000 fleet credits you end up paying a net 10,000 fleet credits for 100 fleet marks.
Sort of, but it only gives you 1 fleet Mark for Fleet/Embassy daily missions and other missions that give Fleet Marks.

But the Fleet Credit boost of 5000 and 2500 gives you 20% more Fleet Credits, not Marks. I have over million Fleet Credits on numerous characters that I will not be able to spend them all for what we can buy with them on Fleet/Embassy Bases.

So what we need is for Cryptic to come up with a Fleet Credit to Fleet Marks conversion, like they have for Dilithium/Zen.
Career Officer
# 29
11-21-2012, 08:27 AM
I'd burn through all my fleet credits if I didn't also have to spend either Dilithium or Zen to get the good stuff. A few DOFF's are nice but they aren't worth buying until you can buy purples, which we'll never reach because of the lack of Marks.

The Fleet Mark boost item is nice, just wish it gave a bigger boost. Say 50-100%. Then it would be useful. Right now, its necessary but doesn't speed things up all that much.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Rihannsu
# 30
11-21-2012, 08:32 AM
I do think fleet marks need to be increased. there will be a natural slow down after new content is released and people wont play fleet missions as much as they did straight after season 6.

some missions also give really low rewards. starbase red alert gives i think 27 even with boosts and the fleet hour. colony invasion is around 40 and starbase blockade can go into the 90's.

i know that red alert is the easiest but its just as time consuming and it can be failed , especially if someone leeches and does nothing.

increasing rewards would be a big help.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission