Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Career Officer
So, I think this is either a massive bug or a massive across the board typo?

It seems to me that I've managed to get 4 copies of T'riss, a rare DOFF from Ferra at ESD on my main Fed character. When I mouse over the DOFFs at Ferra they say "Bound. Unique - Max of One Per Character."

But, as I said, I currently have 4 copies of T'riss in my Duty Officers tab of the Duty Officer button off the mini map.

So, is this a BUG (I wasn't supposed to get them all, just 1) or did they change the functionality to non-unique, but not update the text of the store to reflect the non-unique status?

~MG

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 07-24-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
T'Riss? Is that one of the Doffs you buy from Ferra?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
07-24-2012, 09:55 PM
As stated, one of the rare DOFFs gotten via dilithium from Ferra. I think either from diplomacy or Development. Probably development. I think that was the last Tier 3 I unlocked and was going to work through buying the DOFFs. somehow it looks like I've purchased T'riss (Diplomat) like 4 times? It's weird I thought I'd purchased it before, but wasn't sure, so I purchased it, under the assumption that if I had purchased it it would just pop up the usual "can't have more than one of a unique item" messages. But it let me buy it, so I just assumed I hadn't bought it before. Except then I went back to look at my inventory and I'm up to like 4 now...? Hence my question whether this is a funky bug or whether they've made the Ferra DOFFs non-unique on the back end but not updated the text in the store? They're still BOUND however. But SEEMINGLY not 'unique'?

~MG
Rihannsu
# 4
07-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Okay after looking through the store I found it and tried buying it twice.... didn't work. Dunno how you could have gotten more than one. When did you acquire the extras?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 5
07-27-2012, 07:20 AM
I have two copies of S'Ling, also one of Ferra's unique doffs. I believe the reason you can get more than one of the unique doffs is because the game likely does not count doffs presently away on missions or in sickbay towards whatever counter it uses to determine whether or not you have that doff; so, if you have one of the unique doffs and send it on a mission, you should be able to purchase more of that doff. That's my guess, as a similar circumstance happened to me by chance.

I'll test it tomorrow by sending both copies of S'Ling on a mission and then trying to purchase a third.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
07-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emasks View Post
I'll test it tomorrow by sending both copies of S'Ling on a mission and then trying to purchase a third.
I'm interested to hear the results of this test. I'll be running some similar checks internally in order to answer the original question.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 7
07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I've got multiple copies of the *same* EMH...
Career Officer
# 8
07-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Okay after looking through the store I found it and tried buying it twice.... didn't work. Dunno how you could have gotten more than one. When did you acquire the extras?
Sometime over the last month... I only get development rank 3 a couple weeks ago and I've been grinding dilithium a bit on STFs and such and occasionally going back to Ferra to get my rare DOFFs. Didn't realize I had multiple copies of T'riss until I'd purchased it a few times and kind of wondered, "hey, haven't I already bought this before?"

Now, other things I've tried buying like some green diplomats, but those I already have and it tells me I can't have more than one. So, I'm not sure how I got more than one of T'riss. It's weird... When I get some more dilithium I'll go back when all my T'riss are not on missions and see if it'll still let me buy more (not that I mind getting extra blue Diplomats)...

~MG
Career Officer
# 9
07-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emasks View Post
I have two copies of S'Ling, also one of Ferra's unique doffs. I believe the reason you can get more than one of the unique doffs is because the game likely does not count doffs presently away on missions or in sickbay towards whatever counter it uses to determine whether or not you have that doff; so, if you have one of the unique doffs and send it on a mission, you should be able to purchase more of that doff. That's my guess, as a similar circumstance happened to me by chance.
That was kind of my line of reasoning too... If so, I think it's a bug. If so, the right thing to do would probably be to take away the duplicates and give me back the equivalent dilithium to purchase the rest of the unique rare DOFFs, etc. Which was my original intent (to slowly get all the unique rares from Ferra and upgrade my DOFF roster)... Well, that & use the personnel officer upgrade option.

~MG

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 07-27-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Rihannsu
# 10
07-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm interested to hear the results of this test. I'll be running some similar checks internally in order to answer the original question.
I just tried it and confirmed it.

I sent S'Nara to investigate a security leak and then I was able to buy another of her from Ferra.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!

Last edited by markhawkman; 07-27-2012 at 11:25 AM.