Ensign
# 1 Mk XII weapons
11-18-2012, 02:35 AM
I've returned to STO after a long hiatus, I played a bit originally when it was launched but left the game soon after. I've just worked my way up to VA, have a shiny new Vesta ship to outfit, but I've no idea where to get Mk XII weapons other than loot drops in the STF's.

I don't care about the quality, but I'm wondering what "grind" I should be looking to do to outfit my ship with some shiny new Mk XII phasers, consoles and other bits and pieces/
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Well since Tuesday, STF's no longer drop any loot of any kind. Instead STF's give you Omega Marks and Neural Processors which you use to level up your Omega reputation which will eventually allow you to get MKXII gear.

To get to your reputation window, press U and go to Reputation. The same applies to the Romulan marks BTW.

TL : DR Keep grinding STF's, level up your reputation, get MKXII gear.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Commander
# 3
11-18-2012, 02:52 AM
xii consoles can only be crafted via the children's toys doff mission chain. in terms of mk xii weapons and other ship equipment, ker'rat maybe. it's still going to be a very rare drop. consider fleet actions and hoping for 1st place might net you a couple purple mk xi items. wait for the tribble patch to hit holodeck next week, as all bosses will begin dropping more green, blue and purple items. hope this helps =x good luck.
Ensign
# 4
11-18-2012, 03:10 AM
I see. So essentially Mk X is still the thing to aim for initially, with Mk XI and XII being worthwhile upgrades if you get them as drops?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixoticish View Post
I see. So essentially Mk X is still the thing to aim for initially, with Mk XI and XII being worthwhile upgrades if you get them as drops?
Get in to the tier 2+ fleet and open your purse.
Ensign
# 6
11-18-2012, 03:28 AM
I guess it's time to start grinding energy credits then. I've somehow ended up with a measly 50,000 to my name by the time I'm VA 50.
Captain
# 7
11-18-2012, 03:36 AM
You can either buy them off the exchange, or you can join a tier 2 fleet and pay for the advanced fleet versions with fleet credits/dilithium.

In the meantime, I'd aim for Mk XI purples or blues off the exchange.
Commander
# 8
11-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
You can either buy them off the exchange, or you can join a tier 2 fleet and pay for the advanced fleet versions with fleet credits/dilithium.

In the meantime, I'd aim for Mk XI purples or blues off the exchange.
LOL. i told you this would happen =x he has 50k ec to his name. do you really think he has enough dil/fms/resources to make the fleet credits and the dil needed to buy anything from the fleet store?

sorry to the op, but this merely highlights the point of new people are going to struggle to survive under the new stf system.

as for advice for the op: pick up and sell everything. you're going to be stuck for a little while. try to do some team based pve action, such as starbase 24 and roll need on everything. best of luck!
Captain
# 9
11-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
LOL. i told you this would happen =x he has 50k ec to his name. do you really think he has enough dil/fms/resources to make the fleet credits and the dil needed to buy anything from the fleet store?

sorry to the op, but this merely highlights the point of new people are going to struggle to survive under the new stf system.

as for advice for the op: pick up and sell everything. you're going to be stuck for a little while. try to do some team based pve action, such as starbase 24 and roll need on everything. best of luck!
No, and why should he? He's just starting back up, he should be using cheap weapons and working towards Mk XIIs
Career Officer
# 10
11-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
No, and why should he? He's just starting back up, he should be using cheap weapons and working towards Mk XIIs
And 1 MKXII tetryon weapon on the exchange is what 3 Million, 4 Million and will only increase in the future.

Meanwhile the returning players avenues for EC prouction are at an all time low.

Think before you type, this guy is going to have to do weeks of daily 4 hour shifts grinding to get either the Dilithium spare for keys (which will drop in value) or somehow scrap up enough EC to get anywhere close to Mk XII Purple items.

Don't give me this line about greens or blues being sufficient and how you've come first in this or that Fleet Event with Blue Mk VIII's. I run the ACT parser on every STF I play and I can tell you people who have poor equipment do not outperform those with good equipment.

Simple facts.