Ensign
# 1 is this lag
11-24-2012, 03:51 PM
its started when I got my new laptop graphics are great so is the prossesor but the game seemsto be pushing me back some how as in when I move on ground some time the game pushes me to a position I was before can some one help me?
captain jane way:MR PARIS GET US OUT OF HERE MAXIMUM WARP!!!
PARIS:aye captain*clicks two buttons*
COMPUTER:♪ a mountain targ is as free as a mountain bird ♪
PARIS: sorry wrong buttons
Captain
# 2
11-24-2012, 08:20 PM
No, that's not lag. My computer lags a LOT, and when you're lagging all you see is your screen frozen and you can't do anything, or it's running very bad framerate. Not sure why that which you're describing happens, but I've experienced it and I can tell you it's not lag.
Career Officer
# 3
11-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes this is lag. Lag has many different ways of showing itself, as the above poster has describe there are moments where it can freeze your screen and then itll catch up once the connection between you and the server are in sync again, which usually causes "rubberbanding" which you are going all over the place, or your moving forward then going back, moving forward more and moving back.. again all lag issues.

This has nothing to do with your computer (graphics card or processor) this is something Iam also experiencing in game.. so your not alone. But you can also check your setting just in case you are running the game at higher settings then it should.

Also bad framerate has noting to do with lag lol, bad framerate is running a video card at higher settings then it should depending on the game you are running.. I remember my old card was tempting to run bf3 when it first came out (at max) and woa was i gettin huge bad frame rate, to fix it all i had to do was turn down the graphics and bam it was working smooth like butter lol.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Commander
# 4
11-24-2012, 10:07 PM
There's a sticky that can help you diagnose lag and rubberbanding issues at the top of this forum. There's information in that thread that can help you to determine if there's a minor transit issue between your PC and the game server.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting