Career Officer
# 1 Hidden Camera
11-18-2012, 03:04 AM
I had all but written New Romulus and the Tau Dewa Sector off.
Didn't interest me.
The planet is beautiful. Major Kudos to TacoGuy.
But the quests , eh , it all feels very Waaaa Ow like to me.

Just hit Tier 1 in my Romulan Rep.

All I have to say is.

Hidden Camera.

Bravo, Cryptic.
Well Played.

I'm in.
I'll play the Reputation Game.
Because that.
That was cool.
Rihannsu
# 2
11-18-2012, 03:11 AM
The opening couple of cutscenes on new romulus and along with this one and the VO for the first warehouse mission have been really good. and the cutscenes have been hit and miss in the past.

they do feel very star trek. i hope plenty more unlock as you go through the tiers.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 3
11-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
The opening couple of cutscenes on new romulus and along with this one and the VO for the first warehouse mission have been really good. and the cutscenes have been hit and miss in the past.

they do feel very star trek. i hope plenty more unlock as you go through the tiers.
Couldn't agree more.
I like this different way of revealing story, and I really hope it leads to some cool missions planetside AND in the Tau Dewa Block.

I'm sold.

Still can't wait for the Foundry to come back, but this is turning out to be a fine distraction until that happens
Captain
# 4
11-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Characters still make these awkward gestures when speaking, but the dialogue was interesting. I'm curious how this storyarc will progress.
Career Officer
# 5
11-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Cannot wait, unlocked tier 1 last night and have the first mission to go to New Romulus
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Characters still make these awkward gestures when speaking, but the dialogue was interesting. I'm curious how this storyarc will progress.
That's because they have generic emote animations instead of handcrafted animations to fit the dialog.
Career Officer
# 7
11-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah I just watched the cut scene... pretty interested now. The funny thing is, I didn't even know I had that mission and just managed to see it in the mission tracker and I didn't even know I had to pick up the space patrol mission so that doing the missions in the sector would give 60 fleet marks.

Perhaps I was doing a crap job of paying attention, but it sure didn't jump out at me. Also, as a new father... this baby stuff really puts a damper in my attention span to the game.

Also, despite the vampire type none-sense... Mine trap is also very trek. Several times in TNG episodes and in the TNG movies they are herding a population to safety under duress. It sucks that season 7 was over shadowed by the great dilithium fight of 2012 and the resistance to the rep system do to ignorance and people complaining because they have nothing better to do. This makes me believe that if they avoid any more controversial core changes, Season 8 will be insane if they add another reputation and content to go with it like they said they would have.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Rihannsu
# 8
11-20-2012, 02:05 AM
same feelings here

Join the premiere Romulan community now!