Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Starfleet Veteran
Im loving the new "unique" fleet hull material, and its by far the best in the game in terms of Federation hull plating. (for those who are newbies, it has the proper Aztech design).

When your ship hits the light, the hull plaiting looks awesome. One thing though that bothers me is this...You onoly have the one material. I have 2 days before our fleet unlocks the ability for the teir 4 shipyard, which enables me to buy a fleet Galaxy class.

Now, Im really looking forward to buying this ship, but the really odd thing that dosnt look right is that plain "blue" deflector. It just dosnt look right with the Galaxy class.

I had a thought last night which could probably solve this issue. Make an alternate "unique" fleet material that includes the other deflector pattern, and also give the material a more grey/whitish look like material 6. (and the unique fleet material has too much...well...blue.lol)

I think this would make most ships in game look pretty authentic, and make the Galaxy class look even more like the TV counterpart.

I know it envolves some DEV time, and aware that there are many many fixes that need to be addressed, but would be good just to get some info on if there are plans in the future to add an alternate fleet "unique" material with these fixes.

Oh and I love my ships. Im a big Trek ship geek, so I take stuff like this a little too sereiously at times.lol. Sorry.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-18-2012, 06:14 AM
26 views and no replys. Either im being a pain asking for at least a second opinion, or everyones more interested is sayimg how much of a crap game STO is getting, and general negativity.

I love this game and im a huge trek fan, and will support the game all the way because i enjoy playing it. What really annoys me though is stuff like this. There are about 3 threads already, saying how bad Cryptic are, or pay to win or some other negarive response.
Captain
# 3
11-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwallis84 View Post
26 views and no replys. Either im being a pain asking for at least a second opinion, or everyones more interested is sayimg how much of a crap game STO is getting, and general negativity.

I love this game and im a huge trek fan, and will support the game all the way because i enjoy playing it. What really annoys me though is stuff like this. There are about 3 threads already, saying how bad Cryptic are, or pay to win or some other negarive response.
Complaining about complainers is also being pretty negative. Could be that people just don't really care that much about the Galaxy-class deflector.
Captain
# 4
11-18-2012, 06:19 AM
I've suggested this before and it has raised zero interest with Cryptic. I suggested that the 900 day veteran skin and fleet skin both have an alternative versions with the ringed deflector. A couple of players liked it, but nobody else seems to care.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-18-2012, 06:26 AM
You should try the Veteran skin on the Vesta its awful, it looks all pinky and girly, infact not may skins look good on the Vesta.
Captain
# 6
11-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Im loving the new "unique" fleet hull material, and its by far the best in the game in terms of Federation hull plating. (for those who are newbies, it has the proper Aztech design).

When your ship hits the light, the hull plaiting looks awesome. One thing though that bothers me is this...You onoly have the one material. I have 2 days before our fleet unlocks the ability for the teir 4 shipyard, which enables me to buy a fleet Galaxy class.

Now, Im really looking forward to buying this ship, but the really odd thing that dosnt look right is that plain "blue" deflector. It just dosnt look right with the Galaxy class.

I had a thought last night which could probably solve this issue. Make an alternate "unique" fleet material that includes the other deflector pattern, and also give the material a more grey/whitish look like material 6. (and the unique fleet material has too much...well...blue.lol)

I think this would make most ships in game look pretty authentic, and make the Galaxy class look even more like the TV counterpart.

I know it envolves some DEV time, and aware that there are many many fixes that need to be addressed, but would be good just to get some info on if there are plans in the future to add an alternate fleet "unique" material with these fixes.

Oh and I love my ships. Im a big Trek ship geek, so I take stuff like this a little too sereiously at times.lol. Sorry.

Just read you post and replying to it.....Could you post a few pictures of this, im curious to see what it looks like. Also how do you get this unique hull, is it the fleet hull material that is listed as unique or is it something different and new that has come out with S7?
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:

Ok fair enough, no ones intrested. However, the amount of negative feed back still out weighs the positive on this forum. Im just anoyed that i always seem to get ignored. Not being negative at all.
Captain
# 8
11-18-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Im just anoyed that i always seem to get ignored.
It's not you, it's the fact that nobody cares about the smaller issues unless it's an issue they personally have.
Captain
# 9
11-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Ok fair enough, no ones intrested. However, the amount of negative feed back still out weighs the positive on this forum. Im just anoyed that i always seem to get ignored. Not being negative at all.
NO ONE IS INTERESTED!!!!???? I just posted obviously pointing out interest in you topic in my previous post! Ill repeat could you post a picture of this material please?
Captain
# 10
11-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
That is true. Compared to the way EA is handling SWTOR's F2P transition, Cryptic suddenly doesn't look so bad at all! As a F2P player, at least I can log onto STO and not have to buy my UI piece by piece just so I can actually play the game.