Empire Veteran
When I ran around the other day and sprayed bugs and tagged squishy, pink Nanovs, I suddenly felt I was playing a game for 5-year olds. What exactly is your target age group for Star Trek Online?

When you chose to create a game based off the Star Trek franchise I (perhaps naively) expected you to target all Star Trek fans which means people in their 20s to 60s and maybe even beyond that. I doubt a 5-year old even knows what Star Trek is but I might be wrong. With more Nanovs and Epohh pups they probably will know soon enough though.

Traditional, fast paced MMO missions combined with strategic missions for area control/exploration and of course role playing possibilities, could probably attract most of the Star Trek fans. Unfortunately, with every new season I see less of this and more of the 5-year olds stuff.

What are your long term plans for this game? Are you working to free yourself from the Star Trek license and turning the game into some mainstream, space based fantasy game for children? Would this be a good opportunity for some other game company to pick up the Star Trek license?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
When I ran around the other day and sprayed bugs and tagged squishy, pink Nanovs, I suddenly felt I was playing a game for 5-year olds.
^^ This!!!!

I'm a man with a high responsibility job, who's starting to see a few grey hairs when looking in the mirror. My sto char is an Admiral with the responsibility for the lives of hundreds of crewmembers and civilians. And seriously... it's beneath both of our diginities to run around doing chores for the Romulans. The main principle of command is delegate!

Last night, on Romulus, I felt like I had been tricked into some "hello kitty" universe. Disgusting!

What IS IT to be a Starfleet Captain? I'll tell you: It's about making desicions and delegate responsibility, for the betterment of yourself and mankind, within the confines of the prime directive.