Lieutenant
# 11
11-21-2012, 04:07 PM
LoL the abuse the Foundry takes amazes me to no end.

On one end, the user abuses it to cheat.

On the other end, Cryptic abuses it by making it impossible to use.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
What do you mean no new mission?
The missions who weren't played at least 5 times don't give any credit for playing them. Check "review content", you'll see no mission is eligible there.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
11-21-2012, 04:58 PM
To my knowledge, Cryptic has specifically said that missions that qualify need to have at least 5 reviews and have an average playtime of 20 minutes or more.

If missions that meet those qualifications aren't showing up as qualifying, it can mean one of two things. Either there are more qualifications that they haven't mentioned, or there is a bug.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 14
11-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I see the foundry missions are back up but is creation still down ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Creation should be back next week baring any unforeseen problems. In the mean time, it might be worth checking your missions to make sure they made the transition bug free.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 16
11-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Creation should be back next week baring any unforeseen problems. In the mean time, it might be worth checking your missions to make sure they made the transition bug free.
I had a couple in the works but none published, now I can't even get access to them- the 'create content' button is blacked out.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 17
11-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Someone PLEASE tell me that the review feature is disabled because I've tried 2 of mine and both were very buggy early on and they were fine before.
Career Officer
# 18
11-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
The missions who weren't played at least 5 times don't give any credit for playing them. Check "review content", you'll see no mission is eligible there.
Hmm I can see it from both points of view.

On Cryptic's side:

Before people play it the game has no idea how long it takes and whether it would count. At the same time if it lets it through everything before the 5 reviews then it could easily be exploited. People can play it over and over without reviewing so it never leaves the review period.

For the Author's side:

Pretty simple, like you said how do we get the first 5 reviews?

Is there a safe middle ground? Or will we have to reply on people who go out of their way to play missions that do not reward them.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 19
11-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Someone PLEASE tell me that the review feature is disabled because I've tried 2 of mine and both were very buggy early on and they were fine before.
Reviewing is disabled

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 20
11-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Reviewing is disabled
Sighs in relief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
To my knowledge, Cryptic has specifically said that missions that qualify need to have at least 5 reviews and have an average playtime of 20 minutes or more.

If missions that meet those qualifications aren't showing up as qualifying, it can mean one of two things. Either there are more qualifications that they haven't mentioned, or there is a bug.
Of mine, i have noticed that four are marked as not qualifying even though 1 of them should take at least 40 minutes. The other three are certainly longer than 1 that does qualify.

I'm thinking that "drops" may count against you time-wise. If that is the case Cryptic should really look into revising it based upon full play-throughs.

Last edited by ajstoner; 11-22-2012 at 01:04 AM.