Commander
# 1 What Brings You Here?
11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Do you come to the official STO forums to discuss various issues regarding the state of PvP? Or are you one of those types of folks who really just enjoy picking on the Devs?

What brings you to these forums?

It's a simple question (and one that doesn't violate any forum rules) regarding the mind set of an admittedly small but, I feel, misrepresented player base. PvPers. Certainly there are things to be frustrated about but do you come here to discuss those things in an attempt to make it better or do you just enjoy bad mouthing people?

I think for the most part we genuinely care about how this game does. While some folks could certainly learn to be more tactful, I find it hard to believe that anyone actually wastes their time here for the sake of bashing the development team.

What about you?
Captain
# 2
11-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Do you come to the official STO forums to discuss various issues regarding the state of PvP? Or are you one of those types of folks who really just enjoy picking on the Devs?

It's a simple question (and one that doesn't violate any forum rules) regarding the mind set of an admittedly small but, I feel, misrepresented player base. PvPers. Certainly there are things to be frustrated about but do you come here to discuss those things in an attempt to make it better or do you just enjoy bad mouthing people?

I think for the most part we genuinely care about how this game does. While some folks could certainly learn to be more tactful, I find it hard to believe that anyone actually wastes their time here for the sake of bashing the development team.

What about you?
Hopefully this attempt at a peace brokerage won't get deleted because of its title. Just sayin'.

Personally, I didn't see what was wrong with the first 2. Good luck.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post

What about you?
I come to the forums to try and help out the game as a whole, and to help out newbies as they need it.

I also agree that the extreme majority of people on these forums truly care about the game, and the IP itself and want to see it improved.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Lieutenant
# 4
11-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Did you not post this a few days ago ?
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-18-2012, 11:49 AM
in before the lock? what the hell happened to the last thread
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-18-2012, 11:54 AM
The fun of competition brought me in pugging , competition that has been absent since the variuos aspects have been unbalanced for a while that bring doubts and ego on gameplay.
The picking on anybody from me just happens when I lose my composure over something.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 7
11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I like to watch all the elitest PvPers whine, moan, groan, complain, cry, fuss, wail, bawl, and otherwise throw temper tantrums every time there's any kind of change in the game. I also enjoy every single tear whenever they realize that no one cares about PvP - not the devs, not the publisher (PWE), not the casual players, and not even the hardcore players.

Career Officer
# 8
11-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm here to fly cool ships and blow up other people. Meh, I mostly like to heal people.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 9
11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
It's kind of funny. Just in the few responses here from PvPers and nonPvPers there are vastly different reasons. Seems hard to believe that folks are content to paint the entire community as dev bashing trolls that can never be pleased.
Career Officer
# 10
11-18-2012, 01:17 PM
I come to these forums these days to see if there have been any decent changes that may indicate a change in philosophy from the studio, that might make the game worth playing again.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.