Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
This message is primarily for coaches.

On November 24th (Sat.) I will be hosting a coaches conferences call. The purpose of this call is the following:

- To give you an opportunity to share your ideas.
- To provide any feedback you have not already given.
- To help me strategize on the matter of advertising/recruitment.
- Branflakes will most likely take part in this conference call, so you will get a chance to hear his thoughts on Boot Camp. Please keep in mind that this will not be a time to express general feedback on PvP, Season 7, or whatever; nor as the conference call leader will I countenance any disrespect. This is meant to be a focused meeting with a casual/professional atmosphere.
- I will hold 2 conference calls, one that will be more convenient for Europe and one that will be more convenient for N. America.

Specific Teamspeak information will be provided in the coming week.

A few new bits of information you might be interested in knowing about:

- As a way of incentivizing the first event, we will likely have a drawing for 5 players (2 coaches and 3 students) to go head-to-head in a friendly PvP match with a team of STO developers that Branflakes will assemble. This match will take place at some point after our first event.

- Around 25 coaches have offered their services to Boot Camp! Remarkable. Thank you coaches for your generosity. And I continue to get messages from people in-game indicating that they are interested in participating as students. 25 coaches seems like a lot, but if you consider that some of these will be assistants and that the N. American and European regions will have Boot Camp Events at separate times, then this number is probably just right.

Alright, coaches. Thanks again for your support. I have enjoyed running into some of you in the ques this week. Let's hope that our efforts help to fill the ques even more.

Qapla'!

Sargon

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Commander
# 2
11-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Roger that sir, I will be on stand by until then!
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Rihannsu
# 3
11-15-2012, 08:33 AM
cool will be there, i wouldn't bet on branflakes getting a team of Devs together for the event in december, but hi maybe hell does freeze over in 2012.

PS.: love your sig star
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Survivor of Remus
# 4
11-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Okay I might have an issue with team speak I use xfire/vintrill/Skype but I might be able to get it to work. Which version are you going to be using
Career Officer
# 5
11-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
Okay I might have an issue with team speak I use xfire/vintrill/Skype but I might be able to get it to work. Which version are you going to be using
Wow, people still use XFire?

I imagine it'll be TS3, haven't seen a TS2 in a very long time.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post

Last one I seen was LORE's.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Captain
# 7
11-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Good, ill be there
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Survivor of Remus
# 8
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post

Yes people still use xfire mostly for system gaming but yeah and the video software is halfway decent sense it's free sometimes I forget to pay my bill on AE Ess and can't use it so xfire is a great back up lol but yeah my comp has an issue with TS2 and it used to with 3 but I got that fixed
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Awesome! I'll be there

[EDIT] I also threw my build up on the Bootcamp site for people to check out, it is still a work in progress. I'm also hanging out for a re-trait token one day so I can replace Covert with Elusive
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 11-15-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Captain
# 10
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
Pheo can tell us. We will probably use -x-treme's.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus