Career Officer
# 11
11-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
I like to watch all the elitest PvPers whine, moan, groan, complain, cry, fuss, wail, bawl, and otherwise throw temper tantrums every time there's any kind of change in the game. I also enjoy every single tear whenever they realize that no one cares about PvP - not the devs, not the publisher (PWE), not the casual players, and not even the hardcore players.

Hahaha.... Excellent.

I personally am extremely addicted to the Dev Post and the New Posts links. I have a hunger to always know what's going on as I love this game because it is Star Trek and I have no problem gathering the requirements to fund projects. Everyone complaining is just doing it wrong...

For Ex:
* Grinding STFs pre season 7 - You own fault for bashing your head against a wall that was never going to budge. Get over it.

* What Dilithium Shortage? - The DL exchange shows that more DL is available and I make more now than ever. And if you buy zen with DL... that's a bad decision in the first place because you can earn more Zen cleaning toilets for minimum wage for an hour than you can grinding DL for an hour.

Lately I have been a real jerk on the forums especially the past day or so as I have it up to here with the Season 7 cry babies (after they put some DL back for STFs). The game is better especially in the long run for keeping new players that reach end game... end of story. The reputation system will drive content creation and you get better rewards. You also earn more dilithium and the DL exchange rate lowering proves that.

Those still crying about it are the temper tantrum "waaaaa I want it now!" types and I have been way more vocal lately as they need to just move on. Getting tired of the "OMG my Intel craptastic video card" doesn't work anymore threads too.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-18-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Captain
# 12
11-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Usually, I come here to get new information, maybe have a bit of fun replying to funny posts in funny ways, and clear up any misunderstandings I can.

But lately I've been facing the same issue as phantomeight... So much negativity, whining, crying, complaining, threatnening to leave the game, and the like over S7 changes that are NOT going to go away, and are (in most cases) for the best - and those that aren't don't really do any major harm.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Commander
# 13
11-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I guess it takes all kinds to bash players and find joy in other people's unhappiness. And here I thought it was PvPers who had it out for everyone else. Turns out it isn't just one subset bringing the hate. The hate comes from everywhere.
Career Officer
# 14
11-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Usually, I come here to get new information, maybe have a bit of fun replying to funny posts in funny ways, and clear up any misunderstandings I can.

But lately I've been facing the same issue as phantomeight... So much negativity, whining, crying, complaining, threatnening to leave the game, and the like over S7 changes that are NOT going to go away, and are (in most cases) for the best - and those that aren't don't really do any major harm.
Yeah I agree and it's starting to affect me as I have somehow become a nasty person as of late. Almost ashamed of myself.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Captain
# 15
11-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Yeah I agree and it's starting to affect me as I have somehow become a nasty person as of late. Almost ashamed of myself.
Yeah... I stumbled upon a thread with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about S7, and the first line of my post was "Wow. Just... wow." because I was completely baffled by the fact that somebody had ACTUALLY made a civil, constructive post outlining what's good or wrong with the recent changes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 16
11-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
And here I thought it was PvPers who had it out for everyone else. Turns out it isn't just one subset bringing the hate. The hate comes from everywhere.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Others provide the gasoline.
Commander
# 17
11-18-2012, 02:45 PM
That's just the kind of counter productive attitude that has been attributed specifically to the PvP community. It's not my place to judge. Can't beat honesty.
Career Officer
# 18
11-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
I secretly wish I was as as PvPers.
Fixed. /10char

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 19
11-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Poor PvEers, all of that excessive and pointless dilithium grinding has finally broken their sanity.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 20
11-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Queues and Timers: i.e. waiting on something.