Lt. Commander
# 31
11-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjam0 View Post
I come to the forums to readup about any changes or to see if people have any questions that I can hopefully help with. With the abundance of PvPers knowing what they're doing, it's difficult to give someone an answer because the little forums junkies like dontdrunk seem to always get in first

I does make me annoyed to see people bashing the devs about the job they're doing, or making 'QQWAHWAH' threads. Recently I was REALLLLY annoyed when all those MWO threads were made, then the people were actually trying to justify why they were doing it...

I'm not gonna lie, I can be a bit of an a$$ on these forums when something I see rubs me the wrong way, and I'm gonna say what I wanna say to that person whether or not it's the general consensus on the issue.

This forum should be about discussing PvP, not gang attacking devs when something doesn't go your way
But have you played MWO man? It the best thing since sliced bread! Lets all talk about it!
Career Officer
# 32
11-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Lol it absolutely sounds like someone's bitter, I just doubt it's the guy you're quoting.
No, it's him. He's the only one who got upset enough at my comment to try and put words in my mouth.
Career Officer
# 33
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
No, it's him. He's the only one who got upset enough at my comment to try and put words in my mouth.
I wasn't upset. I was just making fun of you. I don't get upset at PvEers, I feel pity for them.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 34
11-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
I wasn't upset. I was just making fun of you. I don't get upset at PvEers, I feel pity for them.
http://i.imgur.com/tJFZF.gif
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Career Officer
# 35
11-19-2012, 11:13 AM
/10char.

Career Officer
# 36
11-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
You pity us? We get all the new content, all the new toys, constant developer attention, etc. The game is LITERALLY catered exclusively towards PvE gameplay. PvP was only added as an afterthought because some bean counter said "Hey, WoW has PvP, so we should have it as well!".

Keep your pity, you need it for yourself.
Career Officer
# 37
11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
You pity us? We get all the new content, all the new toys, constant developer attention, etc. The game is LITERALLY catered exclusively towards PvE gameplay. PvP was only added as an afterthought because some bean counter said "Hey, WoW has PvP, so we should have it as well!".

Keep your pity, you need it for yourself.

I actually play other games for PvE content. Other games that are far better at it. PvP is the best and most interesting part of the game, primarily because of the challenge involved in it.

It has issues, no doubt, but despite all of that it is the best part of the game.

Nothing else in the game keeps my attention for long because of how easy it is.

Lt. Commander
# 38
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Sadly some shadow of a pvp system i used to love and care for deeply, but after 3years of broken promises I come here to be irritated, and maybe spam crap because I really don't play sto much anymore.
Noone.
Empire Veteran
# 39
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
jiH SoH seems to be the favorite sport of the star trek fanbase. How peculiar.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 40
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
But have you played MWO man? It the best thing since sliced bread! Lets all talk about it!
Funny, over on the Battletech forums (you know, that game FASA produced that 'mechwarrior is a spin off of?) the words "Not ready for live" and "buggy as hell" are common descriptors from people who were IN the Beta for MWO. I guess it's a matter of perspective-going from a BAD PvP environment to one that is just "not ready for live and buggy as hell" must be proportionally an upgrade-from a certain point of view...or maybe it's just the temporary novelty of going from Star Trek to the pre-Clan Inner Sphere. It WILL be interesting hearing back from people used to the auto-targeting in STO when they discover they have to HOLD that laser ON a moving target to do damage, that missiles don't go over obstacles, and that you have to be practically standing on someone's undershorts to hit them with your autocannon.

and I can't WAIT to see you guys deal with the heat scale.

Last edited by patrickngo; 11-19-2012 at 12:15 PM.