Lt. Commander
# 1 Graphics issue in windows 8
11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
I've been playing STO for a few months now. And all was good in windows 7. Few days ago I installed Windows 8 and everything in STO was disaster. The game is choppy, it stucks sometimes, sound does sometimes nor play correctly and other things.
So I decided to go back to windows 7. But problems reapeared. I tried with MINIMUM graphics settings, but the game was still choppy and stucky. I tried with DIRECTX 9 settings and with DIRECTX 11 settings, nothing helped.I even tried to uninstall antivirus program (thinking that this is problem), but even this didn't work. Does anyone else have the same problems? And how can I help to remove this problems? The problems are same in Windows 7 and Windows 8. Help please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Ok, problem solved. I went back to windows 7, and problem was same. Choppy ans stucky graphics. Than I've downloaded latest driver for NVIDIA graphics (beta version), and tried new driver on STO. The difference is enormous. Game works perfectly. Just sometimes it stuck for a second, but I think this is becouse I haven't properly adjusted graphic card and game settings. So if you have NVIDIA graphics card and you have installed latest release of drivers, just download Beta version of newest drivers, and game should work normaly.