Commander
# 11
11-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
No-one in this thread has claimed otherwise.

Not directly, no, but it seems to be the undercurrent of the thread. Since the OP edited his post, though, it seems a moot point now.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I guess I have been luerd in but STO IS AWESOME
GO STO , GO STO!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
11-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Just so everyone's clear, 'dictator' isn't an inherently negative term.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Not directly, no, but it seems to be the undercurrent of the thread.
The OP said he feels the forums are being censored and voiced his concerns about it. He did not claim to have a right to free speech, nor did he say he should be able to say whatever he wants.

Since you brought up free speech: just because the law does not forbid something, does not necessarily mean it's moral or ethical to do it. Just because free speech does not apply to private venues (although there is Marsh v. Alabama among others), doesn't mean it shouldn't.
Captain
# 15
11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
The OP said he feels the forums are being censored and voiced his concerns about it. He did not claim to have a right to free speech, nor did he say he should be able to say whatever he wants.

Since you brought up free speech: just because the law does not forbid something, does not necessarily mean it's moral or ethical to do it. Just because free speech does not apply to private venues (although there is Marsh v. Alabama among others), doesn't mean it shouldn't.
This is all a bit of BS - this whole thread got started becasue someone kept making a thread suggesting players stop playing the game on particular days in protest - that was removed and should be.

You are free to go onto the public sidewalk outside of Wal-mart with a sign and tell people not to shop there on some day - but you can't do that on store property.

It's the same principle.
Captain
# 16
11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
*EDIT* maybe its a little strong to say Dictator here on the forums...but It still feels like a template in game that screams "U NO PAY U NO PLAY"
This is probably the most progressive f2p game on the market when it comes to giving free players access to content and gear, and this is one of the more lenient forums for f2p games too. I think some people might want to check the competition.
Commander
# 17
11-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
You are free to go onto the public sidewalk outside of Wal-mart with a sign and tell people not to shop there on some day - but you can't do that on store property.

It's the same principle.
Exactly my point. You can go elsewhere on the wide, wide internet and roast PWE over a pit of hot coals if you so desire.

But if you're going to do it on their own doorstep, in their own house, expect to be either reprimanded for such or shown the door.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-18-2012, 05:47 PM
there is a dictatorship feeling?
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
yada yada yada

PWE claimed they value player feedback and we're saying Season 7 needs WORK.

OR

They can ignore this and the other threads and watch REAL income dwindle.
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
No the motto is rather "money is a shortcut you're free to use". That's an honest statement no one would deny, but many angry people here look like they are willing to obtain instant gratification and rewards.

If you don't pay or farm with alts you also have to make choices, your fleet or yourself. Guess most of us can live with it, some can't. I'm pretty sure everyone respects your freedom of speech but these servers belong to a company and they can store any data they want on them. But of course you can say whatever you want about STO on any 3rd party forums or blog if you want to.

Do you have to welcome anyone in your house, at anytime, so that they can do whatever they want? No. These forums aren't a public place either. This could be named a dictatorship but then you're a dictator in your home too. But I see many civil posts and feedback (positive or negative) not being removed. Don't be aggressive, it won't work. Of course if your thread is just "DEVS HAVE TO OBEY ME OR I QUIT", they may just laugh at your post and completely ignore what you said.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-18-2012 at 06:26 PM.