Career Officer
# 1 We need selectable UI color.
11-18-2012, 02:56 PM
I've tried starting a Klink several times and never make it more than like an hour because of the red UI burning my retinas out. Hell just give us the option to make it Federation blue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2012, 03:05 PM
will never happen, I've asked for this since beta.
Career Officer
# 3
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issueman1 View Post
will never happen, I've asked for this since beta.
Well people need to yell louder, this cannot be a very difficult change to make a red/blue selector in the UI preferences.

Who thought it was a good idea to make a red UI....they need kicked in the junk.
Captain
# 4
11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
Well people need to yell louder, this cannot be a very difficult change to make a red/blue selector in the UI preferences.

Who thought it was a good idea to make a red UI....they need kicked in the junk.
It's red because, canonically, Klingon eyes see more towards the red part of the light spectrum, and prefer the color red on their ships and whatnot. Klingon ship interiors are sometimes depicted with a dim, dull red lighting.

Coloring the UI is supposed to add to the feel of the faction, something Cryptic used to care about. Adding in other color schemes, however, would be great. Maybe have a light brownish-green, yellow, dull orange. . .colors that could be matched with the KDF, and strain some people's eyes less.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Is it hard to make? No, just time consuming since all hud elements are hardcoded. Best would be to allow us a few simple color sliders for the hug elements so we can set up whatever color we wish to use. But that would require a complete new hud to be created.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Well, people said that a character change button would never be added, but hey ... it was.

Now, I would keep the red UI, as for whatever reason I like it more than the blue. But if we just had a hue modifier for the UI, that would be epic.
I am retired from STO. By the way, hindsight is 20/20.
Ferasan Shadow Force | Borg Extermination Squad
Lieutenant
# 7
11-18-2012, 08:50 PM
I would like to see this option implemented as well, but for the exact opposite reason. I like the Red better.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Yellow or green would be nice to have, as well as the option of switching the KDF UI color to FED blue. The red also bothers me a lot.
Captain
# 9
11-18-2012, 10:20 PM
The UI needs to be changed not only the colour.Not only it has bloom for 10 games ,red and yellow to make your eyes pop but the damn thing also needs alot of processing power (compare fps with and withotu UI ) ,is not functional (transfer power buttons are smaller than pixels for example) ,it doesnt have the star trek feel to it .
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
I've tried starting a Klink several times and never make it more than like an hour because of the red UI burning my retinas out. Hell just give us the option to make it Federation blue.
I want more red, enough to feel like I am bathing in my enemy's blood

[EDIT] Federation blue, pffft traitor.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 11-18-2012 at 10:27 PM.