Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Question about T1 rep
11-18-2012, 04:08 PM
So just got Omega T1 rep.. The weapon passive skill. Does it do many anything since I am 99 already? Also question 2 Do I need to get any of the rewards if I dont want them? I already have better geat. But I I dont choose anything will I continue to advance
Captain
# 2
11-18-2012, 04:14 PM
If you are at 99, then you will be at 129. Although, I believe that skills are not a linear progression so going from 99 to 129 won't have the same effect as going from 0 to 30. If there is no rewards at a particular tier, then there is no need to go for them. I won't bother with store unlocks unless they are Mk XII, purple hangars, or the highest level of consumables. There is nothing at Tier 1 I want to get for either the Omega or Romulan reputations so the only projects I will do for Tier 1 is the gain reputation projects.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Well im a tact.. what would you do? Weapon or health
Captain
# 4
11-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Survivability is always good, but I would have to check to see the change in DPS. Personally, I went with the health regen for my tac.
Career Officer
# 5
11-18-2012, 05:11 PM
imho constant buffs to skills are better than things that happen once every minute or have a low chance to happen.

the +30 to energy weapons will always be there in every situation, for me it only means ~3 extra dps but thats ok.

healing 20% health once a minute?
i can use multiple hypos in that time, who guarantees that this will trigger when i need it?

all you need is one medic in your team (even a BOff counts here!) and that skill is already obsolete.
Captain
# 6
11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
In theory you could make a tank build for health regen but the set bonuses you had to give up would make it laughable.

For fun I did pick it on one character however so that if I ever saw a person defending it, I could tell him exactly how crappy it is. And I can tell you this, the healthbar moves like a tiny notch every 5 seconds - of course if you look at the numbers 0.3% per second is a lot closer to zero than 1
So no surprise there.

All passives make me laugh though, it's budget coding not having to add any animations.
If you can think of a cheaper way to implement something "new" I'd love to hear about it.

Open up the script, change a single number around, how long would that it take exactly, 20 minutes including turning on your pc and a smoke break?

It's not adding anything new and besides the elite optionals were balanced for old damage limits; people are already walking all over it.

If they really had to budget code it they could at least have thrown in running speed or jump height - no new animations but at least something visual still.
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
The weapon passive skill. Does it do many anything since I am 99 already?
Yes, you'll get +30% to your current weapon proficiency skill. You will see a significant difference, especially if you play a tac. The health bonus is useful if you already have some HP tanking (ie for a sci with a medic kit) anyway. It's too low to be meaningful in any other situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
Also question 2 Do I need to get any of the rewards if I dont want them?
No, you can just rush T5 and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-18-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Captain
# 8
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Quarter of a year, I don't know if that constitutes "rushing"

But anyway I forgot to mention, a dps bonus is "constant" in that you won't always be needing to heal but you will always be needing to do damage.

And that of course brings up the optionals for the ground visuals which is now the only active reason to go on a ground mission.
(You still need all the optionals for total unlock of visuals under the rep system)

Lastly about sci's and tanking. You can tank armok fresh on level 50 with a green kit and crap armor, belee me, I know. And rebecca can be solo'd on any class without taking hits.
So even the one place where you actually need tanking you are already way over the limit if you have any purple stuff and even so, once you get the optional there you'd never have use for the heal bonus ever again.

Thus even being a sci missing the optional on armok I'd still go for damage - your hp regen won't help beating the clock, which is off by the time you actually fight him