Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 723
# 1 So about that season 8
11-11-2012, 07:13 AM
SO yo Danial, Dev team. Let me lay you out a plan and a goal for season 8.

You got a writer.. SHE has been on a number of pod casts.. SHE has base scripts for mission arcs written...KDF mission arcs. Instead of some to bit of crome, or shiney, or system in season 8 why don't you folks go to work right now on cranking out one mission per week from now untill season 8 launch of nothing BUT KDF mission content. aim for 26 mission (but try for more) Maybe ask for and include some of the player created mission arcs and make 'em official.. add appropriate KDF faction rewards for mission compleation. No new ships (though, you could if you really wanted to).. Give the KDF mission.. lots and lots of Mission.. Get that KDF starting player tutotrial finally done.. Use only exisitng assets (apply KISS principle big time!).. I want the art guys working on new clothing and uniform parts. Different ships skins/model for the all the kdf base ships. I want to see Klingon, Gorn, etc off duty clothing...Give us a klingon hunting preserve on Qonos or one of the next door sector blocks as a social area with perhapes some new missions (targ hunting anyone? Vendors etc.)..

You have said (I don't know how true it is) that KDF is gonna get some stuff in season 8.. well, ya know you got a much bigger dev team now, and frankly most of em should have learned thier jobs.. the new hires that is... Please for once for us your long suffering KDF players make season 8 the season of the Klingon and FILL OUT OUR FACTION! (so we can like get some more players, and give you folks an excuse to revitalize PvP a bit during season 9 along with more story.. please! Its been 3 years waiting for that KDF content dude. Don't you think its about time to deliver on it? I wouldn't kill you to do so, and it would improve the game.. and need we add, calm some of your most VOCAL critics (I play an Orion. Black mail is totally fair.. especially if you win!)
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,002
# 2
11-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
SO yo Danial, Dev team. Let me lay you out a plan and a goal for season 8.

You got a writer.. SHE has been on a number of pod casts.. SHE has base scripts for mission arcs written...KDF mission arcs. Instead of some to bit of crome, or shiney, or system in season 8 why don't you folks go to work right now on cranking out one mission per week from now untill season 8 launch of nothing BUT KDF mission content. aim for 26 mission (but try for more) Maybe ask for and include some of the player created mission arcs and make 'em official.. add appropriate KDF faction rewards for mission compleation. No new ships (though, you could if you really wanted to).. Give the KDF mission.. lots and lots of Mission.. Get that KDF starting player tutotrial finally done.. Use only exisitng assets (apply KISS principle big time!).. I want the art guys working on new clothing and uniform parts. Different ships skins/model for the all the kdf base ships. I want to see Klingon, Gorn, etc off duty clothing...Give us a klingon hunting preserve on Qonos or one of the next door sector blocks as a social area with perhapes some new missions (targ hunting anyone? Vendors etc.)..

You have said (I don't know how true it is) that KDF is gonna get some stuff in season 8.. well, ya know you got a much bigger dev team now, and frankly most of em should have learned thier jobs.. the new hires that is... Please for once for us your long suffering KDF players make season 8 the season of the Klingon and FILL OUT OUR FACTION! (so we can like get some more players, and give you folks an excuse to revitalize PvP a bit during season 9 along with more story.. please! Its been 3 years waiting for that KDF content dude. Don't you think its about time to deliver on it? I wouldn't kill you to do so, and it would improve the game.. and need we add, calm some of your most VOCAL critics (I play an Orion. Black mail is totally fair.. especially if you win!)
Here here!! Fully agree with the suggestions in here. It would be cool if we got Feresan and Lethean assassin stealth ships, too.

I wonder whether or not it would be a good idea for the 26 missions to center around Jem'pok's involvement with the iconians. You could could then have alternate storylines based on whether or not you choose to help the iconians, Remans, or the Klingons.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 632
# 3
11-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Not gonna happen.

Why?

Because it makes too much sense. People would actually be playing the game rather than being played by the game.

And the most important reason why it won't happen? Because the only thing they have said they will not monetize and are sticking to that statement is mission content. And if it is not monetized it is not profitable. If it is not profitable they will not bother with it.

It's okay... I would actually pay money for official mission content packs but won't spend a dime of my own money on anything else. Too bad the most vocal on here would scream bloody murder if they had to pay for mission content, in spite of the fact that they have already been screaming bloody murder over the lack of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with STO that only the Devs can fix. And they should...
At the same time, there are many problems that we are perfectly capable of fixing ourselves. And we should...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 736
# 4
11-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Because it makes too much sense. People would actually be playing the game rather than being played by the game.
lol. In Soviet Russia, the video game plays you!
REDALERT - Your channel for info on all EVENT CONTENT

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it's a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe" -Carl Sagan
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 176
# 5
11-11-2012, 09:34 AM
I too would like a season solely dedicated to the KDF. The KDF needs a huge overhaul. Fix the UI, add more missions, expand on the relationships between the different races within the KDF and contrast this with how the races in the Federation act towards each other. Expand KDF space, it's silly that it's so small. Focus on what the Iconians are doing with the Klinks.

Finally, end the war. Make a season where you have a big build up to ending the war with the Federation. PVP is dead and is clearly not ever going to be fixed up and even if it is you can just say it's a 'combat simulation'. The end-game already acts as if the KDF and Federation are allies, at this point the war is just destroying story opportunities.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 361
# 6
11-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Not gonna happen.

Why?

Because it makes too much sense. People would actually be playing the game rather than being played by the game.

And the most important reason why it won't happen? Because the only thing they have said they will not monetize and are sticking to that statement is mission content. And if it is not monetized it is not profitable. If it is not profitable they will not bother with it.

It's okay... I would actually pay money for official mission content packs but won't spend a dime of my own money on anything else. Too bad the most vocal on here would scream bloody murder if they had to pay for mission content, in spite of the fact that they have already been screaming bloody murder over the lack of it.

I like that, Being played by the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 779
# 7
11-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
And the most important reason why it won't happen? Because the only thing they have said they will not monetize and are sticking to that statement is mission content. And if it is not monetized it is not profitable. If it is not profitable they will not bother with it.
For better or worse, it would seem PWE has effectively outsourced content production to the Foundry authors among us. They don't have to pay us to make it, after all.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,211
# 8
11-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
For better or worse, it would seem PWE has effectively outsourced content production to the Foundry authors among us. They don't have to pay us to make it, after all.
I never understood why they didn't take the really good missions and just make them main game missions.


The authors can't really do anything about it, any missions made in the foundry are the property of cryptic/PWE.


Still, I wouldn't doubt that the author of a "canonized" mission wouldn't get SOMETHING, hell even just a simple title or something.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,154
# 9
11-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Post the story arcs you want and let foundry authors do the job. Let players VOTE which missions will be added as official. This means also getting more stuff to KDF foundry.

Qonos leisure hunting zone is a great idea! Next idea would be Rura Penthe zone.

KDF UI is fine

KDF needs more costumes! Desperately!

Concentrate on PVP fix and KDF tutorial from lvl 1 - does not have to be so HUGE as the Fed one.

Start working on Romulan faction!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 863
# 10
11-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
SO yo Danial, Dev team. Let me lay you out a plan and a goal for season 8.

You got a writer.. SHE has been on a number of pod casts.. SHE has base scripts for mission arcs written...KDF mission arcs. Instead of some to bit of crome, or shiney, or system in season 8 why don't you folks go to work right now on cranking out one mission per week from now untill season 8 launch of nothing BUT KDF mission content. aim for 26 mission (but try for more) Maybe ask for and include some of the player created mission arcs and make 'em official.. add appropriate KDF faction rewards for mission compleation. No new ships (though, you could if you really wanted to).. Give the KDF mission.. lots and lots of Mission.. Get that KDF starting player tutotrial finally done.. Use only exisitng assets (apply KISS principle big time!).. I want the art guys working on new clothing and uniform parts. Different ships skins/model for the all the kdf base ships. I want to see Klingon, Gorn, etc off duty clothing...Give us a klingon hunting preserve on Qonos or one of the next door sector blocks as a social area with perhapes some new missions (targ hunting anyone? Vendors etc.)..

You have said (I don't know how true it is) that KDF is gonna get some stuff in season 8.. well, ya know you got a much bigger dev team now, and frankly most of em should have learned thier jobs.. the new hires that is... Please for once for us your long suffering KDF players make season 8 the season of the Klingon and FILL OUT OUR FACTION! (so we can like get some more players, and give you folks an excuse to revitalize PvP a bit during season 9 along with more story.. please! Its been 3 years waiting for that KDF content dude. Don't you think its about time to deliver on it? I wouldn't kill you to do so, and it would improve the game.. and need we add, calm some of your most VOCAL critics (I play an Orion. Black mail is totally fair.. especially if you win!)
Agreed with all off this BUT its not going to happen, watch and enjoy the next content they made next thusday .....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 AM.