Ensign
SPECIAL REPUTATION MARK!!!! NEW NEEDED/REQUESTED CONTENT

ok i am writing this in hope to get some responce from cryptic...already wrote my ideas in the german forum but i think here i will get a faster feedback!

ok facts are the projects to get maco XII set are incredible long taking......untill u get that set u have to spend 2 month....on where u are evertime on the perfect time online to start the next one....

where is the skill??? where is my reward for being a good player?
now my suggestion!:

stfs.....should be worth our time again! right now u get some dilithium and marks which are enough for the next 2 projects....so you only have to do another stf after a week....the optional just gives some more marks....thats useless!

skill has to be rewarded again!!!!

so if players reach the optional they should receive a mark! a special reputation mark! with which u can choose where to add 1000 reputation points. after receiving it u click on it and it comes up: omega or romulan if u choose omega, then 1000 reputation points will be added instantly to the fraction! to avoid abuse just add a limit! so u can max use 10 marks per day! so there wont be the case that u can get the full reputation within one day....and also its only a reputation boost.....u still have to development for the projects so u can get that item

u really have to think....for hardcore gamers it still are 2month.....for normal players...guys with family....with childs.....it will be like a half year! we got players in our fleet which can because of their life only be online every 4days or something......why u have to punish them so hard???

i really beg u add that mark!!!! we need it! it will be only fair! its really unfair to those which have a life! and also for guys which are skilled and have like me almost the full maco set....only the engine is left....and know i have to wait soo long to get the last part?? we already got the base to build.....and the ambassy.....pls add that mark!!!

UPDATE!!!!! ZENI WAY

i know its not the best way.....but ohwell:

ok anyway! even the Zeni way would be better than keeping the current.......if they make it fair.....like 100zen(more would be really unfair) for 1000 or 2000 reputation! then a restriction so you cant abuse it by buying like 100 of them and finish the whole thing after some clicks.....

then u click on the item and choose fraction u wanna spend rep to.but u still have to wait the time for researching the items and stuff.

even that would be better than nothing. and i think the main former for that idea really deserve a zeni bonus

still hope for stf optional rewards...........maybe they gonna do it twice? what about adding that mark to the zeni store and then add that events or missions which give omega marks give 100 extra reputation to the omega fraction and missions which give romulan marks give 100 extra reputaton to the romulan fraction

so doing stfs and events are worth it to be done again! right now its enough to do them once per 2 days for the marks....

give us some motivation to do the missions u guys added!

TURN IN OPTION: (best idea so far)

idea is simple! we got because of our missions we were doing and because of the crate A LOT of marks which we never gonna use.SO what about u simple can turn them in for reputation? that way old players which had a lot of prototypes and stuff which has been converted into the crate will be rewarded for their archivments!

add a new project like the one where u can turn in the neural processor!
that would be really awesome! all the marks we got spare would be usefull!

PLS ADD THAT!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLS GUYS reply to the petition and ADD YOUR YES I WANT THAT MARK!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pls u guys from cryptic! responce!

Last edited by bandit2338; 11-21-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-19-2012, 02:23 AM
good idea....but the limit should only be 1 a day for each branch, or else there would be no reason for the 2 projects for tiers....especially if some one could, based off your limits, get 10k rep in either branch and get to t5 in far less time than someone who doesnt run stfs, or always missed the optional in elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Ensign
# 3
11-19-2012, 02:28 AM
one is way to less......maybe 5 per day .....u really have to think on the guys which have family or limited time!
guys which almost had full maco set......those shouldnt have to wait like half a year or something...

u can also do a mark which provides 5000 reputation and u can do that once per day....
i also belong to the guys,which have not time to be every day ingame.....so it shall be a boost which u can feel....then u really wanna do again stfs and those missions are again usefull!

maybe even a daily quest..... "reach optional in a stf" then they could also add dilithium or fleet marks or something if they want to

I WANT UR YES!

Last edited by bandit2338; 11-19-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Ensign
# 4
11-19-2012, 04:22 AM
As someone who can spend very little time on the game, I think it'd be a good idea to at least look at ways for allowing players that can't spend much time on the game to enjoy similar rewards to players that can spend entire days in the game. They would also benefit from a system proposed above, and then limiting it to prevent people abusing it.

The game would just be more rewarding overall by implementing some sort of system as suggested by bandit2338.
Career Officer
# 5
11-19-2012, 05:41 AM
I like this idea. I only need one last piece of MK XII set to complete my MACO space set so I'm pretty annoyed, like a lot of others, that I now have to slowly progress to a point where in a couple of months I can buy that one last bit of kit.

I agree with the second poster who said 10 in a day would be too much, but even 2 or 3 a day could make a big difference. It would also give a reason to playing STFs again. Right now, I don't see the point in them, I can do one or two and I get enough marks to keep the projects going, I don't need any of the items I can unlock at the lower tiers so no point in stockpiling them.

It would also make the optional tasks a little more meaningful. I didn't like them much before to be fair simply because it takes a full team of 5 to work them right, and then with need or greed loot, all but one could end up getting nothing. Having a fixed reward per player does work better, but normal marks are pointless.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
BRING BACK ENDGAME FOR THE 'NON DPS CHAMPIONS'!!!!
Ensign
Captain
# 7
11-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2338 View Post
SPECIAL REPUTATION MARK!!!! NEW NEEDED/REQUESTED CONTENT

ok i am writing this in hope to get some responce from cryptic...already wrote my ideas in the german forum but i think here i will get a faster feedback!

ok facts are the projects to get maco XII set are incredible long taking......untill u get that set u have to spend 2 month....on where u are evertime on the perfect time online to start the next one....

where is the skill??? where is my reward for being a good player?
now my suggestion!:

stfs.....should be worth our time again! right now u get some dilithium and marks which are enough for the next 2 projects....so you only have to do another stf after a week....the optional just gives some more marks....thats useless!

skill has to be rewarded again!!!!

so if players reach the optional they should receive a mark! a special reputation mark! with which u can choose where to add 1000 reputation points. after receiving it u click on it and it comes up: omega or romulan if u choose omega, then 1000 reputation points will be added instantly to the fraction! to avoid abuse just add a limit! so u can max use 10 marks per day! so there wont be the case that u can get the full reputation within one day....and also its only a reputation boost.....u still have to development for the projects so u can get that item

u really have to think....for hardcore gamers it still are 2month.....for normal players...guys with family....with childs.....it will be like a half year! we got players in our fleet which can because of their life only be online every 4days or something......why u have to punish them so hard???

i really beg u add that mark!!!! we need it! it will be only fair! its really unfair to those which have a life! and also for guys which are skilled and have like me almost the full maco set....only the engine is left....and know i have to wait soo long to get the last part?? we already got the base to build.....and the ambassy.....pls add that mark!!!

PLS GUYS reply to the petition and ADD YOUR YES I WANT THAT MARK!!!!
pls u guys from cryptic! responce!
I'd rather the elite optional drop Mk XI-XII purple gear. The reputation time gate in no way increases the amount of time a person that "has a life" needs to play. If anything, it makes grinding out the STFs a far more casual affair,
Ensign
# 8
11-19-2012, 07:02 AM
i support the request, a very good Idea!
Survivor of Remus
# 9
11-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I would say make it like the exp or fleet cred marks boost so instead of getting 1000 rep you get a +25% to reputation up to 1000 rep so you would get 1250 rep each time that way you get more bang for your buck it can't be exploited and it makes it still a challenge.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-19-2012, 09:26 AM
YES, I support...