Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
I hope that cryptic/pw devs see this and take note.
The amount of dilithium needed to buy things in projects and stores,is far too high,generally VERY EXPENSIVE.
The dilithium allowances in missions is ridiculously small,and need to rise sharply.
Devs, please think of the ordinary person that is not loaded full of cash.
Make this game more fun by reducing the costs,especially with dilithium.
We don't all have an endless bottomless pit of money.
The Vesta in the z store is heavily OVER PRICED. Far too expensive.
Please make this game generally more affordable.
Community Moderator
# 2
11-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
I hope that cryptic/pw devs see this and take note.
The amount of dilithium needed to buy things in projects and stores,is far too high,generally VERY EXPENSIVE.
The dilithium allowances in missions is ridiculously small,and need to rise sharply.
Devs, please think of the ordinary person that is not loaded full of cash.
Make this game more fun by reducing the costs,especially with dilithium.
We don't all have an endless bottomless pit of money.
The Vesta in the z store is heavily OVER PRICED. Far too expensive.
Please make this game generally more affordable.
Its a free to play game, where you can, literally, buy all those without spending a cent. How much more affordable should they make it?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Its a free to play game, where you can, literally, buy all those without spending a cent. How much more affordable should they make it?
What the OP meant is: Give me everything for free, and at the same time give me lots of free dilithium daily. This is so I can equip me twink cruiser and show it to my friends at our next game night!

Last edited by avarseir; 11-19-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Commander
# 4
11-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
How can you call it a free game?The dilithium allowances or yields are so small,that we are virtually forced into buying zen to turn into dilithium.
Also if a cent as you put it was never spent,this game would take years to complete per season.
The dilithium that we can get freely is so ridiculously small,its hardly enough for projects to do. So would i be able to buy the vesta ship then? 5000 zen without spending any real money???? i think not,and i also think you are out of touch with people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2012, 05:11 AM
how are people still having problems with dilithium? i Hit the cap an hour after logging in. and thats without doing stfs. Di is easy to get, stop whining.
Commander
# 6
11-19-2012, 05:18 AM
easy to get tiny amounts of dilithium yes. otherwise you end up having to buy it,as dilithium costs in alot of projects are very highly expensive.
and its not whining either. its a fact.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-19-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslash View Post
how are people still having problems with dilithium? i Hit the cap an hour after logging in. and thats without doing stfs. Di is easy to get, stop whining.
The cap is ONE problem.
You can make 20k dil/day but if you're limited to refining 8k/day...

Then there's the whole issue of increased dilithium expenditures.
Season 7 is BROKEN.
Career Officer
# 8
11-19-2012, 05:25 AM
i ground 5k zen in 3 weeks using 10 toons to get the dilith needed, it wasnt easy and now that investigate daily officer reports have been nerfed and broke im glad i did it when i did as they were a nice easy help to get some extra dilith and fm`s.
deffo wont be able to make 5k zen in 3 weeks now even with 10 toons as there just isnt enough dilith in the rewards to make it viable to grind with so many toons, i fear some are now going to be relegated to nothing more than extra storage.
investigate officer reports is useless at the moment too as and its probably easier to do 3 or 4 runs on one of the dilith reward missions, although thats if you can actually join one withotu the map moving in 10secs bug.
really like this game and i like some of the changes that came with this season, others i hate with a vengance, atleast i can sort of console myself with the fact im a lifetimer and get a monthly stipend that takes some of the bitterness off not being able to make as much dilith now.
i still get the cap on my mains but my alt toons dont really get much now.
Commander
# 9
11-19-2012, 05:27 AM
If this is meant to be a free game,then Devs, allow us substantiallly bigger allowances of dilithium on all missions and on the mining too,then we would not have to buy any with real money.
The current allowances are far too small.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-19-2012, 05:53 AM
$50 of zen a month isn't asking for much.

Maybe you just can't afford to play this game?