Commander
# 1 About Diplomatic Immunity
11-19-2012, 04:56 AM
I have been working hard on my Diplomatic Duty Officer missions so I could reach rank 3 and get the Diplomatic Immunity buff, mainly because I wanted to use it to get through Sector Space faster. However I was recently informed that you cannot use your Diplomatic Immunity to buff yourself with the Sector Space speed increase and can ONLY get it if someone else uses it on you, so until I knew this, I was happy to go from Sector to Sector to pick up Diplomatic missions, but now I am not so happy doing it because doing them just seems pointless now. I wanted the ability so I could use it on myself without having to WAIT for someone else to use it on me which sometimes takes a while. If we need to get someplace and do not want to freaken wait for the buff to be used on us then we SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT. We should be able to use this buff on ourselves so we do not have to sit there in space waiting for someone to buff us.

If this was an attempt at getting people to be more sociable then its really a pointless thing, and the reason its pointless is because there will ALWAYS be people who will need the buff because NOT EVERYONE has gotten that far into Diplomacy so people will need to share the buff anyways.

Simply put Cryptic/PWE you need to fix this so that we can use the Diplomatic Immunity buff on ourselves as well as other people, until then I really do not see the point in doing the Diplomacy Missions other then getting the ability then waiting for the day we can finally use it on ourselves instead of having to wait on other people. Also lets face it, not everyone is always going to be as sociable as you want them to be which is why some people are left waiting there in space to get the buff, so fix it so we can use it on ourselves.....
Commander
This post has been edited due to cross-posting which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 11-19-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
11-19-2012, 05:26 AM
To be fair, the boost it gives you is negligible. Really the only time I ever want someone to use it on me is when I'm doing the Tour the Universe mission so I can cut a whole minute (yeah, that's how little difference it makes) off of each trip. Other than that, it's not a big deal.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Commander
# 4
11-19-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
To be fair, the boost it gives you is negligible. Really the only time I ever want someone to use it on me is when I'm doing the Tour the Universe mission so I can cut a whole minute (yeah, that's how little difference it makes) off of each trip. Other than that, it's not a big deal.
Im pretty sure that the difference between Transwarp 19.96 and 23.21 when im not using Slipstream and have the MACO and an increase up to 24.43 when using the Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines. At Slipstream without the buff my speed is 30.71 with the MACO engines and goes up to 35.71 at Slipstream. This is a noticable increase and I for one do not think people should be made to wait to be buffed to get this increase.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-19-2012, 06:08 AM
In my opinion the only worthwhile perk you get from diplomacy is the ability to transwarp to DS9 at rank 4.
Career Officer
# 6
11-19-2012, 06:21 AM
im forever popping diplomatic on my friends even if they dont ask for it lol i get it returned too.
you just need friends who play at the same time as you who have the ability or hang around on ds9 until some randomer goes on a spamming spree with it.
Captain
# 7
11-19-2012, 06:25 AM
I couldn't agree more.

Earning your ranks as a diplomat doesn't make you a diplomat, that don't make any kind of sense on any level whatsoever.

In my case I randomly heard others talking about it so I knew it was useless early on, albeit got it eventually but have yet to even cast it on anyone, not used 1 single time
Career Officer
# 8
11-19-2012, 06:25 AM
What's with all the diplomacy perk whining recently? It's the only category of the doff system that offers ANYTHING for reaching the end. Leave diplomacy alone, they should be working on giving us something for the other categories.
Joined August 2008
Captain
# 9
11-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Because it's anti-intuitive not giving you any kind of diplomatic status as you'd expect and some even do the grind expecting

And this here kid feels ripped off over it, rightfully
Commander
# 10
11-19-2012, 06:32 AM
yeah i have to say i agree you should be able to grant the di to yourself. i am one of those completely unsociable solo players and it does suck to have to rely on others to grant you di. actually i don't even worry about it any more, i'm fine doing the tour without it. yeah i might end up with a little less ec, but hey, it's just a game.