Career Officer
In my 18 months playing STO I've seen many complaints in Forums regarding the KDF HUD. There are a lot of ppl who have Color Blindness issues and can't play because they have trouble seeing differences in display. I myself, can only play KDF for about 30 mins before getting a headache. I also have difficulty telling the difference b/w friend/foe, and on DOff UI b/w positive trait/negative trait.

I find it hard to believe that it could be difficult to make it so that players can adjust the colors on the KDF HUD, to make it more visually friendly.

Make this one simple change and then watch your stats for 2 months. I feel that if you do this simple thing; that the KDF numbers will go up. If they do increase significantly: then you will then have reason/incentive to start developing C-Store Items and Content for KDF.

You have a lot of players that would play KDF religiously if they could. For a small investment in time, you could reap serious rewards in C-Store revenues.

Your KDF Players are dying to spend money on ships/uniforms. Please stop saying that the numbers are not there to put Dev resources into KDF content, if you are not willing to do this one small thing to see if you can get more players to work KDF Characters.
Career Officer
# 2
11-19-2012, 05:18 AM
The red Klink UI burns my retinas...

At a minimum they need to add a user selectable option that would allow us to use the federation blue UI.

I can't imagine this would be that hard to implement...and if it is they did a shoddy programming job.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
I think all the UI's ingame need color options that fit within the faction choice being used so we can adjust the UI's to be more pleasing.
I know the Fed UI makes my eyes itch. Augh.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Rihannsu
# 4
11-19-2012, 05:32 AM
"Idea to make KDF playable for more players"

More KDF content. Nuff said
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Captain
# 5
11-19-2012, 05:39 AM
I've never had any problems with the UI of either faction, but I do think a customizable UI would be nice.

One problem I see is that mandatory "run all over Qo'noS and meet everyone" tutorial. That is boring, and it's what almost made me give up on KDF before I'd really started. I held out, though, and still play KDF to this day. But I doubt everyone did the same.

But really, I think it's just a matter of content. What Cryptic should do is this: every two months or so, sit all the content developers down and have them each make a mission. Within a few weeks, we'd have several new KDF missions and Cryptic would've gone a long way towards fixing the faction. That's probably the quickest way to "build it and they will come".
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-19-2012, 05:45 AM
I REALLY don't see the issue about the KDF's UI, other than color blindness, personally

I can look at that thing for hours on end, and nothing.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 7
11-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
"Idea to make KDF playable for more players"

More KDF content. Nuff said

Cryptic uses the numbers as an excuse to NOT provide more content. I think that if they do not try this to bring the numbers up; they are intentionally trying to kill the KDF off.

The war will be ending with Season 8 release, so they will have the opportunity to do so.

@Trek - If you do not have issues with the HUD then you are lucky, and you could not understand. Believe me, my 2 lvl 50 KDF took a very long time due to only being able to put in 30 mins a day.

My fantasy footbal team's name is Qo'noS Warriors. Believe me: I'd rather be playing KDF
Captain
# 8
11-19-2012, 06:39 AM
I never thought about the colorblind angle, it's a good point.

I got a number here saying 8% of gen pop have the red-green version
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
The color never physically bothered me but I do find it strange that the 50 billion people that are now apart of te Klingon empire all buy the same lightbulb.
That not one orion trader says "f it!. Let's see if a white lightbulb will sell just this once"
Captain
# 10
11-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingahead View Post
Cryptic uses the numbers as an excuse to NOT provide more content. I think that if they do not try this to bring the numbers up; they are intentionally trying to kill the KDF off.
You may be right. But why would they want to do that? If they fix the KDF faction, they'll have two to milk instead of just the Feds. I would think that's the more profitable way to go.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q