Rihannsu
With some of the recent changes to the game it has become much harder to get the large amount of fleet marks needed to do fleet projects in our starbases and now embassies. Especially for small fleets like mine where our starbase progression has come to a halt.

My proposal is make fleet marks available for fleet credits in our starbases, and make the price outway the reward so it's a sink, like 60 Credits to buy 1 Fleet mark so by turning them in I still lose 10 credits for every fleet mark I buy. So I won't make any profit by getting fleet marks this way but my fleet would still advance.

This would help smaller fleets where the members are Fleet Credit rich and Fleet mark poor.
I really don't see why or how this could break the game, only how it would help small fleets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Rihannsu
# 2
11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
With some of the recent changes to the game it has become much harder to get the large amount of fleet marks needed to do fleet projects in our starbases and now embassies. Especially for small fleets like mine where our starbase progression has come to a halt.

My proposal is make fleet marks available for fleet credits in our starbases, and make the price outway the reward so it's a sink, like 60 Credits to buy 1 Fleet mark so by turning them in I still lose 10 credits for every fleet mark I buy. So I won't make any profit by getting fleet marks this way but my fleet would still advance.

This would help smaller fleets where the members are Fleet Credit rich and Fleet mark poor.
I really don't see why or how this could break the game, only how it would help small fleets.
i am in for this.
my small KDF fleet of 2 people and 8 chars has a shipyard I now, but we just cannot move on cause noone queues for the fleet marks rewarding fleet actions.

Our source prior to S7 were the Officer Reports clickers and some Fleet actions.

No way i spend 8 hours grinding Nukara or Defera for 180 Fleet Marks.

They should be easier available. One could buy them just as the Romulan Embassy Provisions, or one could change Omega Marks/Romulan Marks for them.

Or there should be some daily reward for just logging in - 10, 20 FM pro character a day just for logging in.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Rihannsu
# 3
11-15-2012, 01:51 AM
I agree, I really hope the devs due something to help out all of us in small fleets.

Survivor of Romulus
# 4
11-15-2012, 02:07 AM
not just referring to fleet marks in general but everything needed for the fleet/embassy, but is it me or does it seem like they are trying to force smaller fleets to merge? I don't know about the rest of the small fleets but it's getting tougher and tougher to find people looking for a fleet that are serious about joining, contributing and staying.

personally I like you're idea, but I think something that might help us all out a lot more would be some type of trading or alliance system for smaller fleets, maybe max fleet size somewhere between 10-20 in a fleet.

for example even without the 1 clicks (which i do miss already) I usually have more than enough fleet marks, but am often short on the duty officers or the dreaded dilithium. Where as another fleet maybe seriously short on fleet marks but have an abundance of doffs or dil to trade. to prevent people from exploiting this they could set up a "fleetbase cargo bay" so the traded items would go directly into that cargo bay and only be able to be contributed to projects.

what do you think of some type of merged proposal with you're idea and mine?
Rihannsu
# 5
11-16-2012, 10:44 PM
bump

/10 char.

Captain
# 6
11-16-2012, 10:50 PM
No I say scale the resource requirements with size of fleet.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-16-2012, 11:09 PM
yeah i see people are beginning to wake up..

first it hit the mini fleets, now the middle ones begin to see the light..

in a week or 2 everybody will cry because of Fleet Marks.

as i have written somewhere else - Every F2P game my son is playing (browser and download) gives something free for a daily log-in.

So if they sell the character slots, why not give every char in a fleet some 50 marks a day JUST FOR LOGGING IN?

No Dill involved!

Scaling the requirements is not a good idea, cause it would take eternity to code it, people could cheat it by leaving/ rejoining fleet with alts, and it would be unfair to big fleets. I understand they should progress faster than a 2 man fleet (8 chars)

But the mini fleet should NOT hit a wall.
I am OK for extra projects needing 200k Dillithium and we can produce the amount (plus the normal missions) in a week or so.. if we need a Mort.. lol
The other requirements are HUGE , but not surreal huge as the marks are.

btw - the last extra fleet project gives FEDs a disco, and KDF gets a CONFERENCE TABLE?

With our proud history of Orion dancers? My nausicaan captain would LOVE to watch them enjoying some bloodwine..

EDIT: i would elaborate on why it would be good to give every char which is in a fleet 50 FREE FM daily.

1 - it would be an incentive to invite people which are not playing the "right way" (Foundry, RP's, low lvl people new to the game) and they would feel good cause there would be something to GIVE without having to work for it.

2 - Yes, some would cheat and create alts just to get them. They would perhaps create new small fleets.
BUT THIS IS GOOD FOR YOU, Cryptic, because in the Fleet System there are so many sinks, and you just nerfed Dill and EC's.. !

Anyway, IMHO the whole reward system should be overworked and WE, THE PLAYERS should decide which currency we want to get as reward for ANYTHING ingame. (According to needed time and difficulty). There is a thread about it here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=451881
Choices being:
- Dill
- FM's
- EC's
- XP

Romulan and Omega Marks i would leave where they are because that is a new, specific content and as such should be awarded where it is played.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 11-16-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Captain
# 8
11-17-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post

This. Make this happen. How the hell are we supposed to get this massive amount of fleetmarks when the daily is gone and KDF queues almost always empty?

Oh, and the first one who mentions Nukara gets a Bat'leth to his face
Captain
# 9
11-17-2012, 02:35 AM
We've said it time and again and fail to see why Cryptic have done it.

Fleet marks for PvP. Open PvP matches should award fleet marks, and not just 10 for a whole match, something like 50 each for a winning team. You'll start to see PvP queues be filled as it solves two problems at once, giving small groups of people at ALL levels another source of Fleet Marks and an incentive to play PvP.

You really have to be blind not to see this perfect opportunity.
Career Officer
# 10
11-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Yeah something really does need done to support the smaller fleets. Our fleet is made up of only around five people, each with many alts, but for the last month or so because of the grindfest it's turning into, I've been the only active member... This means fleet progression has ground to a standstill.

I don't see why we should have to abandon our fleets and move to larger ones where we don't know anybody, just to advance in the fleet system. They allow fleets to be created with only a couple of people and therefore a couple of people should be able to advance a starbase.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...