Career Officer
# 11
11-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Gold Members should receive these added perks. 16k dilithium refinement per day cap.
Lifetimers should receive the above and also: 8k more dilithium per day refinement cap
Good Lord man! How many damn Dil grinding hours do you do, to want 24k refinement ability?!?

Hi cap don't do me any good unless they make Dil alot easier to get. With S7, my Dil making has been cut in half.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Lieutenant
# 12
11-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Be careful what you wish for, people. Seriously.

If you want an all-too-recent example of what MAY happen if a developer subscribes to the idea that "Gold/Subscriber" players get fundamentally more CAPABILITIES (not just extraneous perks like a stipend or veteran bonuses) than "Silver/Free" players, you could just look at how Star Wars: The Old Republic has structured its Free-to-Play option.

Basically, rather than increasing the value of a Gold player's subscription, they DECREASED the value of the Silver player's experience, by adding tons of restrictions and "pay-walling" a huge number of basic game features, including chatting, friends, guilds, crafting, mounts, limits on raiding missions, and EVEN the ability to equip high-end gear or gain levels at a reasonable speed.

Some of the more bigoted members of this forum like crapping on the "Asian" mentality supposedly brought by PWE and the Free-to-Play transition, but I can tell you this much:

- A Silver player in STO or Champions Online at least doesn't feel like a second-class citizen or a peasant, just a person of slightly less means.

- A Free player in The Old Republic (a very western-designed MMO) is practically a pariah.
I'm sorry but and ?? I support this game i pay every months I think it's normal i have more thing than free member who pay nothing, do you think is fair when you pay you have nothing more at the end than people who pay nothing ?

I think is normal, people who don't want invest in the game play with the minimum and people who trust in the game and invest money in pay with the maximum the game can give.

And you speak about Champions online ( i will love if a day they do one subscription for this 2 games) but last time i see on Champions online free member can have only some archetype and gold member have access to all power and can mix them like they want, gold member have more skill point ....

You see in Champion only you pay for something.

For The old republic that a little bit different, first EA know nothing about mmo and they fail, and they lost game mind since a long time. But what they do it's a crap.
Career Officer
# 13
11-20-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm one of those new players who started subscribing almost immediately after starting the game (gold membership). I'm seriously thinking of doing the lifetime membership as well. But I'm doing it because I want to support the company rather than get extra things. Sure, the extra things are nice, but I want this game to last, so I pay to support it.

I'm not a fan of having to pay the same rates as everyone else (who is not a subscriber), which is why I think that all prices for gold members and lifers should actually be discounted (as we're paying the same thing a required pay game would demand (yet would get full benefits). I'd be happy with that.

One thing that concerns me is paying for a lifer subscription and then the game closing shop the next day. This happened to me with City of Heroes, and I was seriously burned by that game.
Career Officer
# 14
11-20-2012, 08:33 AM
The idea of a small increase in the amount of dilithium rewards seems a reasonable idea. It doesn't fundamentally put gold accounts on a higher plane than free players, just reduces the amount of grinding we have to do so we're free to then play as we please. We already get a small refinement cap increase to the tune of 1000 dil every two days from a Doff mission (800-day Vet/Lifer). I do think all gold accounts should receive one free VA ship per character, similarly to the 600-day vet token. By the time you get that, you could have easily leveled three or four or more toons and you don't need it anymore. Give every gold one free, single-unlock VA ship for hitting level 50, including the $25 ships, it's the least you can do to make up the cost of sub. Besides, single-unlock vet tokens don't count toward Fleet Ship discount, so people may end up buying it anyway.
Captain
# 15
11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
Subscriber here.

IMO, what makes this game great is that there is no divide between f2p'rs and us goldies. We get bonuses for sure, like the vet system and free BOFF/BANK/AB slots, but i think that's enough. Maybe ship slots and Doff roster increases would be nice, but we can manage without.
This. I do think the monthly allotment should be doubled though.
Rihannsu
# 16
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Gold Members should receive these added perks.

16k dilithium refinement per day cap.
Can use Very Rare and Ultra Rare items
Are given higher caps on skill points. Approximately 100,000 more skill points.
2 more slots for Reputation projects
Reputation timers reduced by 10 hours
Z-Store discount of 10%
Unlimited EC storage

Just some passing thoughts that I believe are more relevant to S7 and the changes that have been made as of late.
this yes.

but i would not make a difference between gold and lifetime as lifetime "expires" - lifers become "free" players after a while.. you know what i mean, i'm not a good english speaker..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
think they gfet a shuttle

thats more then enough

as am ytter of fact its close to cheating if you ask me but i like all the cdomnsoles and ships and stugff so i guess its ok

plus they both need every advantage and free keys agin the likes of me
if'n they pvp
Lieutenant
# 18
11-21-2012, 08:35 AM
I just think if they do more for the subscription more people will take it and less people will feel they can have everything without play. It better for the game development and it's better for people who want invest in the game and want see it be improve.

Anyway if all the poeple don't care to pay for nothing i give up, I will just stop give money in this game and maybe stop too

Last edited by kara445; 11-21-2012 at 08:39 AM.