Commander
# 121
11-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
dude can you please stfu? atleast the dev is talking. calling people names and not talking nicly will not get you anywhere. just be happy he actually came back to talk. now please be a bit more calm. the vm doff seems a bit op. but so did the first doff till you knew when to clear with et. and bort is correct, i dont want cookie cutter builds. the doffs are cool on a roster. and you cant say you dont use them.
1) Which name have I called Borticus?
2) I don't think anyone can call my feedback confetti, and not get a candid response. That's me helping them try to fix something they refuse to fix.
3) Did they fix it? No.
4) Next time you come crawling into TRH TS for advice, I hope you don't go around telling people to "Stfu". Especially when they advocate game improvement, and defend themselves against those that do not appreciate the feedback (Borticus) and call it "confetti".

So really Broken, feedback was kindly provided for Scramble Sensors bug, Power Siphons Drones, SN Doffs, Tric mines, Voldemort, and many others. My post was probably the "kinder" kinds compared to the rest to have this stuff looked at. Nothing was done about any of them. Instead new doffs are introduced (worked on instead), with absolutely questionable concepts to their use. I can careless what you think of my objectified view when an employee has the audacity to call our feedback "confetti", and then ignore all the pre-existing requests to have things looked at.

He's talking back alright, but it isn't about improving PvP or balancing, or any of it. He makes this game difficult for people to enjoy. Well, I'm afraid that's a two way street since this is a form of entertainment being provided. It's too bad they choose their jobs to be more difficult. All they need to do, is look at one bug/exploit at a time and fix it. Then they'll get to more current things. This isn't happening from what I can tell, and many others would agree since how old Power Siphons and Sub Nuke doffs, oh and how old Voldemort truly is.

The rest of TRH is absolutely astonished they need to respec because of inertial dampener misprint. And how it was shrugged off by Borticus the way that it was. That stuff hurts wallets, and most of all the attitude we employ in general to be nice to get things nice in return. But when you're nice to someone you're trying to help, and they come back and do this to you I doubt you would "stfu" either.

Now go respec.
Lieutenant
# 122
11-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
dude can you please stfu? atleast the dev is talking. calling people names and not talking nicly will not get you anywhere. just be happy he actually came back to talk. now please be a bit more calm. the vm doff seems a bit op. but so did the first doff till you knew when to clear with et. and bort is correct, i dont want cookie cutter builds. the doffs are cool on a roster. and you cant say you dont use them.
First off, you dont need to tell someone to "stfu" on here.

Pax is right though, like it or not. I understand the meaning of helping to balance things, but when the game is consistantly being thrown out of balance or skills/bugs are broken or reintroduced, it gets old. Ya know?

We play the game, they put prepatches on tribble to "test" things. but instead of patches being edited for balance before they're put onto holodeck, they are just copy/pasted over, unedited.

Take season 7 for example. Did you notice how many people could not play the game once it came out? My dad plays this game and when he played on tribble, when they patched S7 to it, the game was crashing for him. He was getting graphics driver crashes. Many, Many other people had the same issue. Was the problem fixed before S7? No, it was not. they copy/pasted the patch over, and some people could not play anymore.
-- He's able to play now, but he had to restore his computer back to factory twice before he did. S7 would not play with the current graphics driver updates.

But back to the issue of balancing. PvP players should offer feedback, but when feedback is shot down, or nothing is done when numerous people talk about a skill/ability being broken/OP, It becomes annoying. Why should we do their work for them when they dont even properly test the game themselves?

You know just as well as i do that S7 was pushed out in attempt to help compensate with the loss of players going to MWO or other games. They rushed it out, and didnt have enough proper time to test it. Same as when SWTOR came out, they rushed season 5 because they knew star wars would be a major direct competition.

@Minitrckin08

Jedi Master Yoda of Turkish RP Heros
Empire Veteran
# 123
11-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I've long suspected that raising the number of active duty doffs would come as a Z-store purchase. Now I suspect it will be the Tier 5 K'zinti reputation unlock requiring millions of dil per character.
K'zinti?! Millions?! Are we going to have to pay Larry Niven in zen?

Stop being a SaHut Larry!! Release teh K'zinti!!!
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
I haven't tested it in the last weeks, but it used to be so that speccing Dampeners slightly reduced the -speed debuff of tractor beam. The problem is that it does nothing to reduce the -turn debuff.
ahh ok ty. i thought it made it easier to break tractor with out omega or ph. reason i had 6 points in it. just for the tb pets.
Starfleet Veteran
# 125
11-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
1) Which name have I called Borticus?
prick. thats what you had said as well as being very rude about an issue that was never even tested. you do know that this guy is the main reason crono proc has been fixed right? with out bort i highly doubt it would have been fixed.

on a side note i dont go to ur ts for advice ty very much. i go there just to say gg for a 1v1 match we may have had. i may have respect for yoda but that dont mean i have it for you. and i dont see yoda acting stupid on fourms or even in pvp chat.

and i had brought up the issue of damp on fourms 2 times to be ingored by different issues. crono proc, tb,and vm. least a dev gave out the responce to 1 question i had. you look at bort and see cryptic. hes only trying to do what he can. its not like he has the power to fix everything. reason gozer left was due to maybe the same thing. so bourt can only do what hes able to do. im sure if he had compleate control maybe he would get every issue fixed. maybe even pronto.

Last edited by broken1981; 11-20-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Captain
# 126
11-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Another thread bites the dust (Reminds me of a Queen song)

Common denominator? Hmmmm......

Reminds me of somone asking us to be civil.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 127
11-20-2012, 10:36 AM
I understand there's a lot of frustration (perhaps an understatement) and most of us have put money into this game, but I don't think it's fair to hold Bort personally responsible for many of these issues, especially "Voldie" which seems to have been a recurring problem for Cryptic's engine long before Bort joined the dev team. The SNB fix may have made things arguably worse but at least they're listening. Honestly I get the impression that the Cryptic dev team is simply too small and too many past programmers have left undocumented legacy code. At least that's how it appears to me.

If there are things you're looking for a consensus on, Bort, like with the chron proc, there are a *lot* of things the overwhelming majority will agree badly need attention:

- SNB DOffs (I don't personally mind DOffs on paper, but if anything this one encourages "cookie cutter" builds, a full cannon 'scort will get the most mileage out of it)
- Timeship hard stun exploits
- TB spam
- Danubes in particular toting frigate-level hull points (seriously, I'm still mystified by this)

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 128
11-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
prick. thats what you had said as well as being very rude about an issue that was never even tested. you do know that this guy is the main reason crono proc has been fixed right? with out bort i highly doubt it would have been fixed.

on a side note i dont go to ur ts for advice ty very much. i go there just to say gg for a 1v1 match we may have had. i may have respect for yoda but that dont mean i have it for you. and i dont see yoda acting stupid on fourms or even in pvp chat.
Someone's got to do the dirty work, for that I'll bite the bullet rather than us coming on here saying the same thing I am. I also don't want/need/ or care about respect from someone that asks me to "stfu" on a forum.

There's a lot of broken stuff in this game. We asked them constantly to look into it. Their decision was to bring out more stuff. This was bad. Especially bad, when there's pre-existing balancing issues with other things that will implicate more balance issues with the new imbalance stuff.

We say:
"Fix the old stuff first before hand."

They say:
"No, it's confetti. You test it, and we'll look at it"

...and they end up doing nothing about it.

At TRH we talk about it, and I post it. That's how it goes. We're all on the same page at TRH. If it's not me, it's someone else that will post. And guess what it will be the same way every time.

Like Yoda said in so many ways as my own words exactly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost1026 View Post
First off, you dont need to tell someone to "stfu" on here.

Pax is right though, like it or not. I understand the meaning of helping to balance things, but when the game is consistantly being thrown out of balance or skills/bugs are broken or reintroduced, it gets old. Ya know?

@Minitrckin08

Jedi Master Yoda of Turkish RP Heros
Next time you get frustrated with what is said on here, use the same courtesy you use when you're in our channel. Or, come talk to us about it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 129
11-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post

Next time you get frustrated with what is said on here, use the same courtesy you use when you're in our channel. Or, come talk to us about it.
your are right i guess. i should have did a pm in game. but its just stupid that after how everyone likes bort they turn on him just because of a change he thought may have been good. even after people bashed him for it in good faith it got reverted. least thats how i see it(the good faith part). but bort is clean on this issue. the doffs add flavor to this game. its not like he has a say in production to live. but the fact that we do have a dev talk to us is awesome. and on heated subjects its best to stay calm. its not like he can even tell you whats going on in the back round. maybe he has to jump hoops just to make 1 small change. who knows. but if its anything what gozer had said about people in crytpic then bort is very clean. just like how i feel bad for what i thought about gozer and how he got trolled your doing the same thing to bort. just think about it.
Empire Veteran
# 130
11-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Tends to be that 2-3 Tech & 2-3 BFI. If you were sporting 2 Purp Tech & 2 Purp BFI... would the ability to run EPtA as often as you could justify the Purp Aux... I'm picturing dual AtB.

I'd be interested to see what DDIS thinks about this.

I had to walk away from AtB/EPtA cold. I couldn't play my other toons - it was killing me waiting on those CDs.

edit: Heck, maybe with the addition of defensive passives from the Rep systems?
it depends on how long the duration is for the stat buff. why do i have a feeling it will be crap like 8 seconds or something...

if its the whole wile EPtA is up, then it will be great. it will be a soft counter to the ~30 aux i tend to have most of the time on 2 AtB ships. if i had a AtB ship with TSS or RSP, and i do, i could do without BFI doffs.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus