Captain
# 51
11-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The VM-AOE ability works as follows:

5% chance to jump to a 2nd target @ White Quality.
20% chance @ Purple Quality.

If the VM jumps to a second target, it then has a subsequent chance to jump to another target, again using the same % chance as the base Doff quality dictates (5, 10, 15 or 20%).

It can, if you get REALLY lucky, jump up to 4 times, affecting anywhere between 2 and 4 targets in total (one per jump).

The VM that is inflicted on any targets other than the first, is always VM I (Rank 1), as if you were using it with a BO that had no points trained into it. These extra jumps are also not improved by the original caster's skill in Subspace Decompiler - they always last only 5 seconds, and can be reduced with skill in Subsystem Repair.

It's an extra effect. It's not intended to be a huge game-changer, just a fun toy.

With that laid out it and the range being only 2.5, it doesn't seem that bad. Am I right in thinking that the subsequent jumps aren't affected by normal system engineer doffs?
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Captain
# 52
11-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
And we also dont have any info about how many of those doffs can be equiped...

And if new doffs share limitations with the old ones (eg. max 3 system engineers)

And how many of those EptA engineers can be equiped?

etc.

That is very important to know
The limitations are the same as they've always been. So you can have 3 systems engineers so if you want to use the old VM doff in combo with the new one, you will have to use a combo of 2 and 1. Then there's the global engineer limitation which I believe is set at 4, so if you're equipping let's say 3 system engineers, you will only be able to equip 1 other, different type of engineering doff.

...at least that's how I think it works because I tried to equip 3 technicians and 2 systems engineers and I could only equip 4 total.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 53
11-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Just to reiterate and confirm what others are saying in this thread:

Equip Limits are not changing with this pack. If you could previously have 3 Systems Engineers, you can still have 3 Systems Engineers. This is regardless of their attached ability - they are all the same Spec, and therefore apply to the same Equip Limit.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 54
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Just to reiterate and confirm what others are saying in this thread:

Equip Limits are not changing with this pack. If you could previously have 3 Systems Engineers, you can still have 3 Systems Engineers. This is regardless of their attached ability - they are all the same Spec, and therefore apply to the same Equip Limit.
Can I still put my draw fire/shield distribution officers in active space roster? I so loved using that method to have an 8 doff ground setup
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
I just came out of a 50min match (random queue) with lots of VM. VM is not fun. Doffs that make VM stronger are therefore not fun either.

Will these particular doffs be particularly problematic? I have no idea, we will see how it unfolds. But everyone who plays the game in a at least semi-serious pvp setting will realise that more disables are not a fun enhancing element. (Same goes for more pets/carriers.)

There was a reason why the original VM/SNB was a huge problem and why PSW-chainstunning got removed. Taking the control away from a player is not a good thing for how this player feels. And it is this loss of control that makes disables more problematic than just regular weapons fire that destroys the ship.
Captain
# 56
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Again, releasing these new DOffs just baffles me... I'd really, honestly love it if you could spare just a moment to answer me on this one Bort...

Why release DOffs that will only ever have a substantial effect on PvP? I mean what is the point exactly? What appeal will a VM DOff or a healer or a battery DOff hold to your average PvEr? I just don't understand your motivations at all.

Bynar are pretty kewl, though.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 57
11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
they always last only 5 seconds, and can be reduced with skill in Subsystem Repair.
You mean inertial dampeners?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 58
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
You mean inertial dampeners?
Nope. This is a Subsystem Disabled mode, not an actual "Disable" modifier.

Subsystem Repair reduces the duration on Subsystem Disabled modes.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Starfleet Veteran
# 59
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about these DOffs yet.

Many of the unique DOffs introduced with the Temporal packs were broken right from the get-go and still don't work despite numerous tickets.

*cough* <Jael Ducane> *cough*

Hey, I got a good idea? How about making sure that the DOffs already in game actually work first before releasing new DOff packs with more broken stuff?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 60
11-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Side Note: I just noticed, when looking over this new VM doff, that although Eng Team cured individual systems being offline, it did not dispel the ongoing Viral Matrix process. We've decided to allow Eng Team to remove the debuff altogether.

So, using Eng Team on yourself while under the effects of VM will not only turn any offline systems back on, it will also prevent further systems from being turned off for the duration of that application of VM.

(I coulda sworn that Science Team used to do this, but that functionality doesn't seem to be present. It makes more sense for Eng Team to counter a Subsystem Disable, though.)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...